24 50.00%
  • YES but not the look of the car

5 10.42%
  • YES the look but not performance

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    There may be a couple of members who throw a hissy-fit with a slightly misaligned number plate
    A.
    We want names Andy

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    ....I just feel things can get a bit stale round here and we shouldn't be putting people off. We are at the stage where the biggest and best run in Scotland is organised by an English club... seems a bit sad....
    I can't think of a more ringing endorsement of the hospitality of Scottish people and the scenic quality of our roads than having an English "club" come up here for a weekend run. I certainly don't see how that puts NMS in a bad light.

Although you could see this as me engineering the parting shot, and that's really not my intention, but if you want to slight NMS any further, can I suggest you raise a topic in the Feedback forum rather than in Stoney's thread regarding modding a GP.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Stoney, you mod away Pal... It's your car, you worked for the money that paid for it, it's yours, do with it as your heart desires.

But dinnae make it look like a ned's car eh.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Stoney, you mod away Pal... It's your car, you worked for the money that paid for it, it's yours, do with it as your heart desires.

A.
    dont you worry andy i wont make it look like a ned car it wont be changeing apart from what i have said
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 GP
    I bought a GP as it was the most sensible thing to do for me.

I had a black R53. Cost me £12k. Spent around £4-5k on aftermarket parts and accessories only to find that 8 months down the line of owning the car it was book valued at £8k. I lost 4k on a car that I had 6k of finance on and was essentially paying the finance company my depreciation costs...in which over time would only become more!

I also was far from finished with my R53. Needed 'bucket' seats, more performance and a few other niggly bits and pieces. In turn meaning I needed an extra £3k to finish off the car or to get it where I wanted it to be. For me personally, I could not justify this.

Rewind 4 months ago I had a shot of my Uncles ex GP just before he sold it. The £15k car was faster, handled better, sounded better, much better seats and so on than my R53 that cost me near £17k + the extra £ that was needed to 'finish it' so to speak.

It seemed far more sensible to go for the GP. Performance is good for me, only thing I really want to change is the wheels and the suspension. There is nothing wrong with the suspension on the GP, it handles far better than my black R53 did on the KW V1's...I just like my cars very low

Also, there are around 5-6 GP's currently within a 8 mile radius of my house. They are all the same and I personally feel its nice to have one a bit 'different'

For now, I am over the moon with my GP. I will own this car for a good while if things go my way, although I do miss my black car by the day & part of me wishes I kept it

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I hope none of my responses were taken negative, if anything when I say I’d do nothing to a GP its basically as I think it’s a Bonkers Mini as it is and love it. I hate doing anything to my cars basically because I’m to scared to tinker. But I think that makes me appreciate peoples mod’s even more.

I always think forums are light hearted, I probably said in Ryan’s “No don’t do it” but that’s only because in my view it’s a GP and a GP should look like GP’s. I’d never come on and slate anyone and there car. In fact I usually get interested in what people are up to next, like Baz and his Works that looks fantastic but in my opinion I’d rally like a plain black works, not anti mod or anything I just like the look.

Talking from someone that thinks I’m doing well with a wee Arial and silver bulbs that are sitting there in there box till I con Greig to fit them on the Oban run.

As for the Highland Run, I thinks its really great that two mini groups are sharing a great run, means nothing to me it was not organised by anyone on here.

And Craig big man I did not mean anything by saying your plate is out a wack. but it is
    Last edited by Stewart; 10th May 2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by JC Parts Dept View Post
    were we not speaking about this last night??

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    I hope none of my responses were taken negative, if anything when I say I’d do nothing to a GP its basically as I think it’s a Bonkers Mini as it is and love it. I hate doing anything to my cars basically because I’m to scared to tinker. But I think that makes me appreciate peoples mod’s even more.

I always think forums are light hearted, I probably said in Ryan’s “No don’t do it” but that’s only because in my view it’s a GP and a GP should look like GP’s. I’d never come on and slate anyone and there car. In fact I usually get interested in what people are up to next, like Baz and his Works that looks fantastic but in my opinion I’d rally like a plain black works, not anti mod or anything I just like the look.

Talking from someone that thinks I’m doing well with a wee Arial and silver bulbs that are sitting there in there box till I con Greig to fit them on the Oban run.

As for the Highland Run, I thinks its really great that two mini groups are sharing a great run, means nothing to me it was not organised by anyone on here.

And Craig big man I did not mean anything by saying your plate is out a wack. but it is

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]And Craig big man I did not mean anything by saying your plate is out a wack. but it is
    wait til I see you Robertson.....

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    ...Hell some of the longest members and those who are on here the most have modded every car they have had
    So I'll be amongst that list then...

A.
    Totally agree with what Andy has said Rob. I clicked the YES vote because I think and feel the same as others have already said, you have bought a car that you have wanted for a long time now because you can finally afford to do so, you have your own tastes and ideas of what you would like to do to your car and if you can afford to do it and its going to give you even more pleasure and enjoyment in the car then you go for it mate.
    I mean I have always added my own touches to all my minis (infact all my cars ive owned) and I have never regretted a single minute of doing so.

To cut this long story short Rob, its your car do what ever is going to make you happy

Everyone has there own tastes and it would be hellish if we all had the same tastes.