• YES but not the look of the car

5 10.42%
  • YES the look but not performance

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    This place is getting very anti-modding ... even my vipers got enough 'concerns' before a got them done. I wonder how many other people are spending more time on Northern/totalmini and MiniTorque because of this.
    HUGE sweeping generalisation there Baz..... sorry, can't agree....

Most people will voice an opinion if asked and some are traditionalist (like old boy Crombers) but you can't say the place is anti-modding.... Hell some of the longest members and those who are on here the most have modded every car they have had

Forbes
    Craig it might be the "anti-modders" are more vocal but I do have to agree with Baz, certainly feel it has changed from when I originally joined the site a few years ago. I know it is each to their own but Ryan's GP thread was a case in point

You have to ask yourself what was it that made you want the GP ?

you could have bought a S and then done mods to that car. Things like your strut braces etc that are not seen are good. Performance mods well that's up to you was it worthwhile the performance mods that you had done to your previous S.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

Most people will voice an opinion if asked and some are traditionalist (like old boy Crombers) but you can't say the place is anti-modding.... Hell some of the longest members and those who are on here the most have modded every car they have had
    2nd that

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
    Craig it might be the "anti-modders" are more vocal but I do have to agree with Baz, certainly feel it has changed from when I originally joined the site a few years ago. I know it is each to their own but Ryan's GP thread was a case in point
    i have been here for ages and it seem the same to me i think we all have the right to say what we want to and yes mabie some say it more than others and if you ask me then you get people saying negative things on all forurms just take a look at my re map thread on northen mini where the guy from FOM was slaging my re map cos it was from some where other than 1320

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    You have to ask yourself what was it that made you want the GP ?

you could have bought a S and then done mods to that car. Things like your strut braces etc that are not seen are good. Performance mods well that's up to you was it worthwhile the performance mods that you had done to your previous S.
    i wont be doing any perfomace mods as such just the manifold and yes the manifold did work well on my s just what i did after that that wrecked it
    New sig coming soon

Well Stoney it sounds as if, like me you have learnt from some previous modding mistakes. I am sure whatever you decide to do will work and look good.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

Well you have only been here a month longer than me so seen most of the things you have. Generalisation? maybe but it's not only me that notices it... I know a forum in particular that slags us off for being 'traditionalists'. That pisses me off coz im proud of this place. These are people who joined here first then went to another forum. How many members are we losing because of 'traditionalists' being negative.

I just feel things can get a bit stale round here and we shouldn't be putting people off. We are at the stage where the biggest and best run in Scotland is organised by an English club... seems a bit sad.

Fair enough people have an opinion including me but repetition/tradition gets boring.
    Last edited by Bazthemod; 10th May 2010 at 06:46 PM.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Well Stoney it sounds as if, like me you have learnt from some previous modding mistakes. I am sure whatever you decide to do will work and look good.
    thanx fi

this was not ment as shall i mod my gp or not just seen as a lot of people where comenting on other threds about modding Gp's so started this thread
    New sig coming soon

GCA3N
    Baz you need a wee cuddle dude

I am not sure what the whole issue is, but I do know I only use NMS for my mini fix, would feel strange using another place. The points about others negativity I can understand slightly where you coming from, the only thing I would suggest is that things sometimes don't come over the right way. Only through knowing people in the person can you understand their comments. I am going to look at ryan's thread to see what the comments were.

Well you have only been here a month longer than me so seen most of the things you have. Generalisation? maybe but it's not only me that notices it... I know a forum in particular that slags us off for being 'traditionalists'. That pisses me off coz im proud of this place. These are people who joined here first then went to another forum. How many members are we losing because of 'traditionalists' being negative.

I just feel things can get a bit stale round here and we shouldn't be putting people off. We are at the stage where the biggest and best run in Scotland is organised by an English club... seems a bit sad.

Fair enough people have an opinion including me but repetition/tradition gets boring.
    Hey I resent that......... didn't I put you on to those ultra cool led bulbs mod, I'm sure you bought a set you did didn't you. God I'm getting forgetful these days.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    This place is getting very anti-modding ... even my vipers got enough 'concerns' before a got them done. I wonder how many other people are spending more time on Northern/totalmini and MiniTorque because of this.
    Sorry Baz, I'm with Craig on this one. There may be a couple of members who throw a hissy-fit with a slightly misaligned number plate, but the majority are very open to and encouraging of mods.

In fact, I've just checked your "viper" thread. Not a single negative post - before and after. Not sure where these "concerns" are.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto