R56 Bonnet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just a thought - I hate the idea of having a fake bonnet scoop, and since there's no intercooler on top of the engine, would a Cooper bonnet fit an S? I think it probably would!

Anyone seen this done? Or do I live in my own daft little fantasy world?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

FergusM
    expensive way to get rid of the dummy vent.... Although, you might get someone with a Cooper that would give you a straight swap ?

...though I do agree they should have dumped it as it is not used.

I don't have an R56, perfectly happy with my S Works (which doesn't rattle or sound like a diesel )

I don't think I will get an R56, I was just having one of those 'what if?' moments I get from time to time

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

the bonnets are completely different

Sweeney
    I always found it a bit hilarious, reminds me of those boy racers that kick about with Evo bonnets, impreza scoops, vents etc all over their cars (usually 1.2 litre corsas) when they don't even do anything lol

FergusM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I don't have an R56, perfectly happy with my S Works (which doesn't rattle or sound like a diesel )

I don't think I will get an R56, I was just having one of those 'what if?' moments I get from time to time

ooo so smug..

personally I'm hoping mine will not rattle or sound like a diesel...or it will be getting rejected !

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusM View Post
    ooo so smug..

personally I'm hoping mine will not rattle or sound like a diesel...or it will be getting rejected !

Yeah. What he said!

Fergus, we are hoping to pick ours up at the end of May/beginning of June, and I'm sure ours won't rattle/have any v-polly-alternator/diesel sounding problems whatsoever.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    ah, if only I had waited.....:(

The diesel noise has not officially been recognised as a fault by MINI so I doubt if they are working on a fix for it... Deerslayer, is that what they are looking into with yours ?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Yeah. What he said!

I'm sure ours won't rattle/have any v-polly-alternator/diesel sounding problems whatsoever.

A.

sorry
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    ah, if only I had waited.....:(
    <<<Clears throat, takes deep breath and prepares for line delivery. Told you so.

Says he who's new MINI is on the production line.:(

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto