video play back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    2011 Cooper S
    hi

try to play any video through the USB connection but no success, i have the proper y cable, phone i iPhone 6s up-to date and mini connected is also up-to date.

however i just cant get anything to play, music is fine all controls work and album art is displayed.

car is a 2011 cooper s with navigation.

any advice is most welcome

best regards

maxy

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Ages ago I had a 2012 Countryman with the media pack. I could play videos with the new style Y cable, mini connected app and the handbrake on.

However, I believe that the new update on the mini connected app does not support video playback. If you could somehow find an old version of the mini connected app then it would work.

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 SD (Black)
    I have succeeded to get videos to play via an old iPhone with 30pin (analogue) adaptor. As mentioned the car needs to be stationary and handbrake on unless coded out. Possible different versions of 30 pin cable may not allow video

Video from USB - not possible so I’ve been told. Despite still trying

Video via cradle -(in arm rest) could be possible with the right adaptor but I have had no success

Video via lightening cable (digital) - I have not managed to get this to work with up to date iPhone X

I believe MINI stopped updating things for the R56 so anything after 2012 probably won’t work to maximum potential - rather frustrating !

I hope this helps,

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    2011 Cooper S
    cheers guys think i will need to give up !!

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I’m sure that when I bought Rocky (R59 JCW) that I read somewhere that it had been disabled in the R cars due to “safety concerns”.
    I had been using “Connected Classic” up until a few days ago and it just would not work. I’ve since deleted it and installed ”Connected” and I’m back up and using Amazon Music again, which is THE main thing that I use it for.
    There is still no way that I can find to play videos anywhere though.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    I’m sure that when I bought Rocky (R59 JCW) that I read somewhere that it had been disabled in the R cars due to “safety concerns”.
    I had been using “Connected Classic” up until a few days ago and it just would not work. I’ve since deleted it and installed ”Connected” and I’m back up and using Amazon Music again, which is THE main thing that I use it for.
    There is still no way that I can find to play videos anywhere though.

I tried using the regular connected app but it wouldnt let me register my vin in the app

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    I tried using the regular connected app but it wouldnt let me register my vin in the app

Which version are you using Mark ?
    There’s Connected, Connected Classic & Connected XL.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    Which version are you using Mark ?
    There’s Connected, Connected Classic & Connected XL.

I tried just connected but when I launched it asked for the VIN and wouldnt let me register the coupe. So I phoned up mini and they said that only the classic would work with my car. I've had the classic working through dads iPhone 8 but I cant get it to work with my phone but I think USB C is the issue

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    This is the one that wouldnt let me register

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    I tried just connected but when I launched it asked for the VIN and wouldnt let me register the coupe. So I phoned up mini and they said that only the classic would work with my car. I've had the classic working through dads iPhone 8 but I cant get it to work with my phone but I think USB C is the issue

That’s mad.
    I used to use the Classic but I’m now having to use Connected because the Roadster just will not recognise the Classic app anymore.
    When I tried the Classic I just kept getting a message which says “this app needs to be updated” but BMW are not updating it anymore.
    I only tried the Connected app by chance and luckily it worked for me.