New Logo

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Lets you click through using next. The purple to me will be lost and as said we don’t want “cotland” I honestly still like the bigger “S” but then does that then look silly if its just white as well.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I've kept well away from this discussion so far, we are 21 pages in and still no one can agree on what style we should go for
    I think the discussion regarding the S symbol is typical of the feelings within the community.
    The S on the Cooper S model is such a style icon, but, to me it simply denotes it's a MINI, of course others will disagree hence the 21 pages, can any non S owners actually say whether it bothers them or not if the new logo (by page 1,000,000) is made that it will offend them in any way to make them leave the site or post up angry comments.
    What about the Clubbie, Paceman, Countryman, Diesel, One's and Cooper's folks think..........................

If anyone wants my opinion, to add the S in it's red form and in the actual font will make it stand out in a way to highlight that it is of the MINI marque and not because we are an S only site.

I was slightly disappointed with the reaction to the GP section, i was trying to bring in much needed new membership to NMS and GP owners were joining up, but, i was happy to drop it.

Anyway, i've said it before and i'll say it again, this is your site, i simply run it and give it a host home to live and breathe.
    Once the final design is agreed i'll implement it into the site.
    And, as was shown in the past whereby i chose the logo against the poll i won't have any say in this one, you're ball you decide

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I'm cool with the 'S' being as the car but would prefer it in white TBH.......don't think it would stop me buying them though. I think handing them is a must and buying them in pairs is a very sensible idea IMO. Just my 'ONE' pence worth
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    If no red S, then a saltire inside the O would be smart
    I showed one with that earlier on
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo 8.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	4695

I think the "S" either has to either be white or possibly blue so as to tie into Scotlands colours and seeing as the rest of the badge/sticker will be white already, a little bit of blue would be perfect, so either the saltire in the "O" like my picture or a blue "S"

As a COOPER owner, I personally think the S should tie in with the rest of the chosen font and not based on the Cooper S "S", just my honest opinion folks, please dont knock me to the ground and kick me...

And as Alan commented on, what about the rest of the mini classes like, Cabrio, Clubbie, Countryman, Coupe', Paceman and Roadster? well what if it was possible to make silhoettes (like the hatch, above) of either varient of mini so what ever model you own you would be able to get a badge/sticker of your preferred model which will still advertise the site and your particular vehicle

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    well what if it was possible to make silhoettes (like the hatch, above) of either varient of mini so what ever model you own you would be able to get a badge/sticker of your preferred model which will still advertise the site and your particular vehicle
    Ooooooo....nice idea Ali
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    More than happy with the Cooper S "red S". Think we should have a poll and decide, as we know the main design that we want. The purple S IMO wont stand out as well as the red.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    well what if it was possible to make silhoettes (like the hatch, above) of either varient of mini so what ever model you own you would be able to get a badge/sticker of your preferred model which will still advertise the site and your particular vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Ooooooo....nice idea Ali
    I thought this topic was for a new logo

Would the red S and the saltire in the O be too much?

Also the font as the Cooper boot badge is would be nice

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Would the red S and the saltire in the O be too much?

Also the font as the Cooper boot badge is would be nice

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free
    I think it would be to much tbh

I like the red S but am happy for it to be white I would happy have the logo I have posted a few times saying this is my fav as a sticker for my CLUBMAN !! Don't see a big prob in it being the hatch as when you say mini most people think of the hatch

Happy to have it all the same font if that what the majority want

- - - Updated - - -

Please vote in this thread
    http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/for...4557-Logo-vote

thanks Rob
    New sig coming soon

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I still think the Red Stylised 'S' is the most effective design - but I don't want to upset 'non-S' members.

If they weren't overly concerned I'd go for that option. Any COOPER or ONE members have a strong opinion on this before I vote?

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!