Delivery for a new, unregistered F56 MCS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    On 28th April I visited my local dealer and paid a £2000 deposit for a new F56 MCS with JCW Chilli and Media XL. I was initially told by the salesman that the car was at the Factory ready to be shipped and would get it in around 10 days. However, as time has passed I pressed them for answers as felt i was being mucked about. The Brand Manager telephoned me on Saturday and said that the vehicle was at another MINI dealership, so they had to submit a transfer request. This was approved, they paid for the vehicle and then it went back to the factory to be checked. Where I have been told it still is.

Its not scheduled to arrive at the local dealers until around 25th May but he indicated he will try and chase it up to get it sooner.

Has anyone else had an experience like this or am I just getting the run around?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Sounds like your being told a pack of lies tbh. If it was at the factory, I take it it was a dealer specced Car that you agreed to rather than one you specced as new from the factory?

And I’ve never heard of a vehicle being delivered to a dealer and then being sent back to the factory to be checked. Sounds like horse poo to me.

If I had the option I’d walk away as if they can do this with delivery of your vehicle, I wouldn’t want them touching my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I’ve never heard of them going back to factory to get checked before. I know they have to put in a transfer request as they don’t like taking cars off other branches unless they have to.
    TBH it sounds like they’re waiting from one from the factory ...
    Always the same when you’re desperate to get something it never runs easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    The car was already built and had been bought by another MINI Dealer but they hadn't sold it hence the transfer request. Even though I was told verbally 10 days the actual order paperwork says estimated Handover 31st May. I actually have VIN Number for the vehicle which shows the full spec. It was built January 2018
    Last edited by Alistair; 14th May 2018 at 07:54 PM.

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    My car was pre-built and at another dealer. The dealer I used asked for the car on the 24th of March and I collected it on the 31st. It came up from somewhere down south.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    My car was pre-built and at another dealer. The dealer I used asked for the car on the 24th of March and I collected it on the 31st. It came up from somewhere down south.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Eddie,

That really puts things in perspective. Looking at the order paperwork i wouldn't be entitled to my deposit back until after 31st May if they fail to supply

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali JCW View Post
    It's not much help now but my concern would have been why the 31st was put on the paperwork if the original time slot was only 10 days. If my memory's correct you've had this car on order for a little while now?

The fact that they've put the 31st as the handover date suggests to me that the dealer may have anticipated these delays.
    Paperwork and deposit paid on 28th April. I am going to phone MINI CS tomorrow and query this back to the factory to have it checked bit

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    ^^^ that’d be the best thing and gives you an idea of what’s happening. Explain the story and give them your VIN number and I’m sure they’ll help you. Depending on the result you can then contact the dealer (mind and get names on who you spoke to)

You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    ^^^ that’d be the best thing and gives you an idea of what’s happening. Explain the story and give them your VIN number and I’m sure they’ll help you. Depending on the result you can then contact the dealer (mind and get names on who you spoke to)

Thanks, Will do this first thing in the morning

Could it be, it was sent back to the factory by the original dealer because there was a fault only the factory could put right? You need some straight answers. Might be worth a call to the original dealership to see if they let any info slip.