2018 Isle of Man TT races

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    Mini Countryman
    Your always guaranteed the unpredictable from Micky D, nothing about what he is riding but he’s announced that McPint is riding a MD racing Supersport Honda 600.

John also announced that he is racing one of Ryan Farquhar’s supertwins in the Lightweight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Michael Dunlop has signed for Tyko, he is also going to be riding the Paton in the lightweight.

Reading between the lines it is looking pretty unlikely that Hutchy will be racing at the NW200 or TT.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Ohh well thats Rutters chance of another win oot the windae then
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    See Bruce Anstie is going to miss this years TT due to being diagnosed with cancer....what a bummer
    That's another awesome character missing this year

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mini mad andy View Post
    he’s announced that McPint is riding a MD racing Supersport Honda 600.

John also announced that he is racing one of Ryan Farquhar’s supertwins in the Lightweight.
    That's if McPint races......seems he's had a "setback" with the healing of the leg
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Gutted for Bruce Anstey, having beaten cancer before it's come back again with avengence.

We are now looking at 3 top riders potentially missing out this year

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Gives Hickman, Jackson and Harrison a better chance of taking their first win I suppose.....that's if MD doesn't just take them all to the cleaners
    MD could be on for winning everything he enters Could be more than Hutchys 5 wins in one TT......now that would be something

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhh and we shouldn't rule out Josh Brookes either on the Norton as he's bloody quick

Car
    Mini Countryman
    John McGuinness's setback was that his leg broke again when he was walking.

There are a lot of good bikes looking for riders, it will be interesting to see if there are some last minute team changes. Steve Mercer has been testing the HRC UK bikes, presumably to replace Hutchy if he does not ride, which has to be quite likely given whats happened to McPint. Maybe Padgetts will give Connor Cummings the RCV instead of his Fireblade, will have to wait and see but it would be a shame if the RCV doesn't get used. Mugen have lost two of their three riders, maybe Mickey D will get a ride on one to give him a chance of winning all the solo races!!!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by mini mad andy View Post
    maybe Mickey D will get a ride on one to give him a chance of winning all the solo races!!!
    I actually think that's a strong possibility....he's that good/crazy enough/fearless*....delete as you see fit

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Rutters got the Mugen ride strong possibility he'll take the win

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Rutters got the Mugen ride strong possibility he'll take the win
    Absolutely and he has previously won some TT Zero races on the Moto Czysz bikes.

Hutchy is going to be racing at the TT, he is practicing at the NW200 just know, I am not a Hutchy fan but I do respect his determination but you do have to wonder how sensible it is as McPint stated that he did not want to get to the bottom of Bray Hill and find his leg wasn't strong enough. Unless you've been to the Isle of Man you can not believe how steep Bray Hill is, what you don't realise watching the TT on the TV is the amount of time the fast riders are partially standing up to let the bike jump about underneath them without throwing them of the bike.
    Hutchy has HRC UK fireblades for both the Superbike and Superstock races, Padgetts Honda 600 for the Superstock races and a KMR Supertwin for the lightweight.

Unfortunately it looks like the Padgetts Honda RCV will only be on show, Connor Cummings tried it but was to tall to fit it.

Some upcoming TV coverage.

The Cookstown 100 highlights are on the BBC iplayer, under BBC One A-Z look for Bikes.
    The Tandragee 100 highlights are on BBC One NI on Wednesday night at 22:40.
    The NW200 is on BBC Sport NI Bikes live on Thursday from 10:00 and 17:30 & Saturday from 10:00.
    The NW200 highlights on BBC One NI on Sunday night at 22:30 & Monday night at 22:40.