Autobrite Foam lance...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    I never said I lived on a farm. I lived in a big HUGE CASTLE in the country with 5 acres ground and stables just off the main drive. Now lets see if you can beat that
    Cardboard box???...When I was a lad....

Back to you

mark

CoNs
    just cleaning my car just now, took some pics of me foaming it

and a small video will upload em in 5

Sweeney
    Did you foam the engine + engine bay too?

CoNs
    yes, never done it no harm on the mini or my previous car

keeps it looking like factory:o

Sweeney
    no harm? covering electrics in foam then water?

vintageb3
    OK...Advice here then CONS please!....

I see you are using what looks like car shampoo...I take it not snowfoam?

I'm geting like double the amount of foam that you are in your pics with snowfoam and a wee bit car shampoo...but I'm wondering if all that foam is necessary?

Any Tips?

I'm going to get a measuring system in place...I think I'm uisng more than I need with guess work

Your power washer is quiet!...mines wakes the dead!

I have problems with my washer shutting off still...so I'm wasting a lot of foam...hope to get that sorted soon!

My lance is a bit different to yours...mines has a plastic end that you can adjust to get the fan you need.

Don't know whyt this is required...cause what you have in your pic is what I have mine set to.

Great pics and vid!

mark

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    i use the gilmour one with hyper wash, snow foam etc, works fine... Although using snow foam like pictured will eventually do more harm than good as its designed for a touchless wash better off using a foam shampoo like hyper wash and get the ole wash mit and bucket or two out, produces a nice clean finish and isn't harsh like the snowfoam
    Sweeney...do you know what is in Snowfoam?

Thanks

mark

Sweeney
    Detergents and chemicals (same basis that if you washed the car with fairy liquid constantly eventually the paint would go brittle and be prone to cracking and what not) Each brand of snowfoam is different etc

I still reckon spraying water on electrical connections and directly on the engine is just asking for trouble never mind dowsing them in foam first, which would linger in places underneath as the water wouldnt completely rinse it all

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Sweeney

I do my engine regulary. When I worked as a valetor we used the hot jet wash on every car that went through the valet bay and the only cars that were prone to not starting were fiats.

On the mini (not done an R56 engine bay yet) the only bit I cover up is the air intake right at the front centre of the bay. I just stuff an old cloth in there. Engines are fine these days at getting wet.
    You can do the same with door checks as well. Its the only way to get them really clean properly.