Front wishbone rear bushes

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Anyone had any joy doing these or is it a garage job
    Read a few posts on other forums saying it's a subframe drop to do them

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Think you are correct about subframe ,rusty bolts etc sometimes better to get a garage to do it makes life a bit simpler
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Probably as well dropping the subframe and doing all the other bushes, and balljoints, when you're in there

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Test Passed
    Car
    Mini r56 Cooper s with JCW kit
    Well I was told The wee 7 needed new front wishbone rear bushes when it was having the top mounts replaced so bought powerflex poly bushes for the front wishbone rear bushes, Front ARB bushes and the steering rack bushes, dropped it off at the garage to have them fitted and the garage were unable to fit the front wishbone rear poly bushes(couldn't physically get the bushes into the brackets) and had to fit new stock ones(complete units) so I have the old bush brackets(with oem bushings removed) and will fit the poly bushes into them myself and get the garage to fit them, was gonna just run it with new units but after reading reviews regarding the difference the front wishbone rear poly bushes make and I plan on having the wee car for a good while I want it done properly!

It did look like quite a big job as when I was up seeing the guy regarding the issue the subframe was fully off the car and certainly wouldn't fancy tackling it myself lol

IMO the front wishbone bushes are essential to change - the OEM ones can be knackered in 30k, and aren't classed as a serviceable item. When you do change them the difference is night and day.

Even if you're not into aftermarket suspension, you need to do these bushes. It's common with BMWs, the Z4 is the same

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Test Passed
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    IMO the front wishbone bushes are essential to change - the OEM ones can be knackered in 30k, and aren't classed as a serviceable item. When you do change them the difference is night and day.
    That's the reason I'm gonna change them out regardless, then moving to the back end of the car to poly bush and then coilovers

I've recently built up a set for mine, I've got the bushes already fitted and brand new arms but got about another 2 sets in the garage if you wanted to do the same and build them up off the car rather than having to strip the car and messing about with trying to change the buses over

Test Passed
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I've recently built up a set for mine, I've got the bushes already fitted and brand new arms but got about another 2 sets in the garage if you wanted to do the same and build them up off the car rather than having to strip the car and messing about with trying to change the buses over
    I'm getting the old ones that where on the car back bud(garage has removed the old oem bushes) and gonna get the poly bushes inserted when I get home next week, thanks any way bud

No problem, I'm sure I've got 4 arms and 2 casings for the bushes if anyone needed them I planned to powdercoat everything but ended up with new arms to use instead