R50 wheel studs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,

I am looking for a bit of advice, I have just tried to remove the front wheel from my R50 but have found that the wheel studs have been tightened to within an inch of their life and will not budge, and to make matters worse, one of the studs has now been rounded.

Any ideas how I get these removed, or is there anyone in the Perth area that's had this problem before fancy helping me out? I have beer

Oh and if anyone has any spare wheel nuts going, I would gladly swap you for cash.

Thanks.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Think I've got some spare wheel bolts as it's not nuts on the R50 I'm sure
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Think I've got some spare wheel bolts as it's not nuts on the R50 I'm sure
    Yeah its the bolts/studs I am needing. How many do you think you have got and what would you want for them?

Cheers.

Hammer on a cheap socket to the rounded bolt, worked for me before

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug0801 View Post
    How many do you think you have got and what would you want for them?
    I've got 16 of them as I changed them all for anodised ones
    How many do you need....if you only need a couple you can have them for nothing....just cover the postage or pick them up altho I'm in Larbert so it's a bit of a treck

- - - Updated - - -

Just thinking.....I better check I still have them....lol

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to the Harry Fairbairn Kirkcaldy Sunday 18th November meet...??
    If yes maybe someone in the Falkirk area could collect them from me and take them up for you.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Just checked and I kept 4....how many do you need..??

Test Passed
    Car
    2004 Dark Silver R53, 2001 Cooper Sport 500, 73 VW Camper, 2010 FRS mr375, 2018 Elddis 194 MOHO
    Hi
    If you want to pop into the house when you're passing I've got a set of Irwin Nut Remover sockets, designed for removing rounded nuts !!
    let me know if you want to try them and I'll try and find them
    I've just moved so everything is scattered all over
    or do as Mon the Fish says and batter an old socket on (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Just checked and I kept 4....how many do you need..??
    Big Gordy, Its only 4 that I need.

If you could post them to me I will cover the postage no problem. I wont make it to the meet in Kirkcaldy unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elgassi View Post
    Hi
    If you want to pop into the house when you're passing I've got a set of Irwin Nut Remover sockets, designed for removing rounded nuts !!
    let me know if you want to try them and I'll try and find them
    I've just moved so everything is scattered all over
    or do as Mon the Fish says and batter an old socket on (no pun intended)
    I thought about buying a set of those, do they work well? If I could borrow them that would be good, if your able to find them of course

Test Passed
    Car
    2004 Dark Silver R53, 2001 Cooper Sport 500, 73 VW Camper, 2010 FRS mr375, 2018 Elddis 194 MOHO
    they work real good, I'll find them tomorrow

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Okay.....ping me your address
    Do you have PayPal..??