knockhill SMRC 12th Aug

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    That was a good day out! I remembered my sun cream and daft hat, so only mildly toasted today - much like my fish in the canteen... they gave me a new one though (cooked this time), and the CHIPS (quiet Joanna) were tasty.

Really nice to see everybody today, especially those who have been 'Missing In Action' for so long! Most enjoyable to catch up, and Neil & Lorna's chair saved my back and legs in the afternoon. Good to meet a couple of 'New Faces' too - hopefully we didn't put you off. Oh, and the racing was pretty good as well!

Laugh on the way home when a certain very lovely black and shiny Maserati Quattroporte foolishly 'underestimated the alacrity' of Stoney and the GP when negotiating a certain long tightening right-hand bend and motorway slip road. They were under the impression that they could dispatch the wee motor with disdainful ease. They were sadly mistaken. Maserati 0, GP 1. Another golden moment for 'TEAM GP' on the final day of the Olympics!

All in all, a fine day. See you next Sunday for the Edinburgh to St. Andrews run

ps Joanna, if you're ever stuck for something to paint, I have a nice hut which needs doing...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

MINIme:)
    haha!! I saw that with the black car, had a wee grin to myself

I wasn't sure what it was at the time, I just knew it was shiny, expensive and fast and that he had a superiority complex but not for long!

edit: Alacrity.....good word. I'll have to look that one up

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post

I wasn't sure what it was at the time, I just knew it was shiny, expensive and fast and that he had a superiority complex but not for long!

It was a woman driving but it was fun giving it a run for its money
    New sig coming soon

doesn't matter the mini won!

- - - Updated - - -

anyone else's calf muscles trying to kill them??! I wonder if it's just from standing on that slope for a while

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post

Jo, we had GREAT BIG grins!

Good Words? I'm full of these - must be the CHIPS!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    2009 R56 Mini Cooper Astro Black
    Great Day plus the Knockhill sun was a major plus

- - - Updated - - -

And Thanks to everyone today for being so friendly and making me feel welcomed much appreciated

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    You are very welcome that's what Nms is about and the banter
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    You are very welcome that's what Nms is about and the banter
    Amen to that Rob!! Too much sh**e going on in the world we need to share the love...... And rip the p**h from time to time

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Amen to that Rob!! Too much sh**e going on in the world we need to share the love...... And rip the p**h from time to time
    To right had some good banter the day look forward to next weekend need to try and get the Nms crew back to the race meets again as it was good crack the day
    New sig coming soon

and Hamish says he'll try and get us a discount next time, yee haa!!

And Colin said why didn't Craig take us all over to their BBQ better than raw fish Elfers!