My Clubman views

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    N12 JLK
    yup it would be boring

well I saw the new Clubman tonight. Sat in it had good look round slammed the back door a few times put a thumb print on the rear view mirror.

Looks a very well built solid car much nicer in the flesh but I won't be buying one.
    Cooper Coupe...

N12 JLK
    When I told Kerr you were going tonight he said " I bet Fiona will buy a Clubman." :o

Have you seen the ads, they are good.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    well I saw the new Clubman tonight. Sat in it had good look round slammed the back door a few times put a thumb print on the rear view mirror.

Looks a very well built solid car much nicer in the flesh but I won't be buying one.
    PMSL Fiona.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    yeah saw it last night and gave it a good going over... as it's built around the R56, I won't be buying one.. it's still got the same engine etc... :(

what would look nice tho is a Dooper Clubman in Pepper white with Black roof and Back Panels, lowered with darkened windows (rear ones only obviously ) and 19" rims... Lookin mean and costing pennies to run.

Got the salesman to admit that the only reason for not changing over the door/petrol tank was cost cutting measures. Says it all really about the way MINI have gone.. it's more about the profit than the product or the customer..:(

Resident old yin.
    I didn't make it last night but dropped into to Peter Vardy this afternoon.

The car does look a lot better in the flesh than in pics.

The stupid side door is still stupid in my view. I still think that having it on the WRONG side is a total smack in the face to MINI's largest market and where the car is made.

The rear doors look "cool" but what really concerned me was the extreme lack of rear vision in the car. It is not really the split in the rear door but the rear seats that really seem to obscure the view, the rear seats must be set up much higher than in the normal MINI.

The boot is bigger, sure, but it is still smaller than most of the competition, no danger I could get my golf clubs in there!

Overall, for me, it looks better than expected, but there is no way I would buy one.

Well I'm just back from going to have a look @ the clubman in the flesh and managed to also get a road test in a Cooper D version. The car was really good to drive but wasnt as perky as I thought it would be, but that'll prob be coz its brand new and not been broken in yet it's lot quieter on the road than I thought it was going to be as well... The new stop/start fuel saving thingy- ma-jig is a bit strange and thankfully it can be switched off if you want to.

So all in all the Diesel is making me very tempted to get one but NOT as a Clubman coz I still think that drivers side rear door is just plain STUPID (just my opinion) rear visibility is very restricted with the two door set up, would have been better I think if they had just used a single tailgate like regular estate cars do. Also saw the new Hot Chocolate colour and I'm sorry to say it but thats a big NO NO!!!

The dealer I went to has six Clubmans, two in the showroom and four demonstrators. Inside was a very nice looking (for a clubman) 'S' in Dark Silver & Black fully kitted with the fancy alloys, sat-nav, auto A/C the whole lot. That wont be cheap!! and a new Hot Chocolate colour Cooper with Hot Chocolate lounge seats (horrible...) and outside were a silver/black Cooper D (the one I had a shot of ), a PW/black Cooper, a Lightning Blue/silver 'S' and finally a Nightfire Red/black Cooper D.

A Diesel R56 is very tempting especially with the £35 year road tax and 65+ MPG.

So we will see what happens...
    Last edited by zimbo; 10th November 2007 at 05:58 PM.

Did anyone else notice the latch thing for the side door.

It is so not right it's a defo for banging your head against and the awful chunk of rubber they have put there in the hope to soften the blow.
    Cooper Coupe...

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post

A Diesel R56 is very tempting especially with the £35 year road tax and 65+ MPG.
    The urban myths of the mpg of the Cooper D (I refuse to call it a fekkin' dooper ) seem to be growing.

I would expect owners would get ~50-55mpg overall, just like almost every other turbo diesel.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    My neighbour has a cooper D and he is averaging 60mpg. Not bad at all.