£30 fine

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:

Having someone crashing into you who has NO insurance is an entirely different ball game. Your looking at taking them to court in that case.
    That's if the Police can actually catch the wee £$%"$" who abondoned his (possibly) stolen car and legged it into a housing estate with his 3 mates in tow.
    Then they come round to your house with their 'little book of Neds' and try to persuade you that they think 'someone on this page' might have been the one driving, despite you being the one there seeing the guys face as he scrapes the manky fiesta along the side of your car to escape. And the fact that not one person on that page actually looked like the guy who hit me :mad:

Did they catch any of them? yeah right.
    Who did it end up costing? yeah. me.
    Bitter? yes. :mad:

In the end the insurance companies ARE NOT there to protect your property, they exist to make money, from the easiest target around - just liek 'safety cameras'. I'm not complaing about tinted windows at all, my last car had them all round, and I'd LOVE to have them back on the new car. But it's just not worth it :(:(

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:

Having someone crashing into you who has NO insurance is an entirely different ball game. Your looking at taking them to court in that case.
    That's if the Police can actually catch the wee £$%"$" who abondoned his (possibly) stolen car and legged it into a housing estate with his 3 mates in tow.
    Then they come round to your house with their 'little book of Neds' and try to persuade you that they think 'someone on this page' might have been the one driving, despite you being the one there seeing the guys face as he scrapes the manky fiesta along the side of your car to escape. And the fact that not one person on that page actually looked like the guy who hit me :mad:

Did they catch any of them? yeah right.
    Who did it end up costing? yeah. me.
    Bitter? yes. :mad:

In the end the insurance companies ARE NOT there to protect your property, they exist to make money, from the easiest target around - just liek 'safety cameras'. I'm not complaing about tinted windows at all, my last car had them all round, and I'd LOVE to have them back on the new car. But it's just not worth it :(:(
    That sucks!!!! I hate neds!!

minimadtez
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Spot who's never been involved in an accident!
    If someone crashes into YOU, I'm sure the Police would want to know WHY. So they'll check the car that did the crshing into. If they hit you because they had faulty brakes I'm sure you'd want to know about it. Same applies with tints really. if that was the cause of the crash (poor visibility on the part of the other driver) I'm sure you'd want to know about it? So when this other persons insurance is chased up, and your company informs them of the details, the other company will be well within their rights to invalidate the other persons insurance because the tints are illegal. Then you're screwed because you'll have to claim off your OWN insurance. You'll have to pay your excess, and (I think depending on the cost of repairs) your insurance WILL increase the next year, and unless your no claims bonuses are protected, you'll lose some too. Not to mention that the next time you look for insurance you'll have to put that claim down as an 'at fault' claim since there was no other insurance to claim from. And THAT will affect any quotes you get too. Unfortunately I know most of this from experience. My Insurance pretty much DOUBLED because the $%"£$^%£^$%^"$ who hit me had no insurance. Doesn't sound very fair to me, considering I did nothing wrong.
    Plus I'm sure the Police would like to have a word with you (probably involving 'Careless' or 'Dangerous' and 'Driving')cos of your tints...

(not a rant - just experience) :(
    I have!!!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Just found this article on BBC News Website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...al/5019572.stm

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Just found this article on BBC News Website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...al/5019572.stm
    I think Duncan posted this in another thread as well. Looks like they'll be cracking down on the pimp mobiles