Tyre repair advice please! (GAJ needed!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Of course you can , did you ask them why not ?...I'd love to hear the answer to that one
    The reason I've heard given is that wheels designed for runflats often have a bigger lip around the edge to help ensure that a deflated tyre does not come off the rim. It doesn't stop the fitting of a normal tyre though, although I believe it can make it a wee bit harder to get the tyre on.

lightbody
    My current plan is to continue driving on it, complete with embedded screw, until the tyre needs replacing anyway. The dash-light tells me when the slow puncture has caused it to drop to 25 or so.
    I think the situation is ridiculous. I like the idea of run-flats (having had a very scary blowout in the past) but an unrepairable £105 tyre is more than my wallet can stand!

Sponsor
    You have 16" wheels Rob - same size as me - and my tyres have NEVER been that expensive! Shop around! I've bought mine from my dealer the past 2 or 3 times, and I've not been more than about £180 for two.....

GAJ
    MyTyres is worth a look. I got two 17" Goodyear Eagle F1's recently for under £200.

lightbody
    I did a good rummage on the net. The goodyears are about £105 each (£125 at kwikfit). The ones you have are cheaper, for some reason, but I want the same again. If/when I get round to replace them, i'll make sure and get the cheapest :) Thanks for the tips guys.

GAJ
    The Goodyear NCT5's are £88.40 on MyTyres. Just checked!:)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ
    The Goodyear NCT5's are £88.40 on MyTyres. Just checked!:)
    Plus fitting when you get them on

GAJ
    That's true. Not much cheaper then. I paid a tenner a tyre on top.

Wul
    Rob - Kwik-Fit Mobile have repaired my run-flats twice - once was a Goodyear, the other was a Pirelli - it was through my works account but the dude never even batted an eye-lid that it was a run-flat tyre try 0800 425262. Otherwise try a single trader tyre dealer.

Finally I also once got a nail in a location that they wouldn't sort - got all 4 tyres filled with tyresafe for £30 and never had to top the tyre up again till it was time to replace them!

lightbody
    I love that mtyres website.

"He stands out environmentally friendly beyond this as special."

eh?

and... "Also breakdown sure now by EMT technology" - sounds good!!