White Alloys in Winter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Apparently wheel cleaners will slowly strip the finish off you alloys, best to stick to fairy for cleaning them and wax them when dry.
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

T8SLD
    Thanks for tip - least fairy will be much cheaper!

I always thought our white s spokes were easier to clean than the silver ones. I use Fairy (despite salt content)and Cif. Then on with the wax. Never had any problems.............see's Wul shake head in horror

Wul
    no no - you guys go with what you will 8) Don't let me tell you what fairy liquid will eventually do to the grease in your CV joint and wheel bearings!!

T8SLD
    ha ha - ok, so no fairy for me then! Good job i'm not cleaning my car that often at the moment or i would be very confused

Think i will have to go back to the beginning of this thread to get back on track

T6 KFR
    I personally dont think car shampoo is enough to clean my white wheels. I tend to sponge them down, which still leaves yellow marks so I then apply some wonder wheels and the are gleaming again.

Still only did that for 6 months now, time will tell i suppose...always an excuse to get new alloys

euan
    I suspect, and I may be wrong, but so long as you don't leave the stuff on the wheels too long, and give them a very good rinse, you'll be fine with a bit of wonder wheels.

It may also be an idea not to use it every time, get them spanking with wonder wheels, apply a bit of wax to them and they shouldn't be so bad when you next come to do them.

Melly
    My white alloys are a pain in the butt! THe get filthy by the the time ive had the car out for one day after cleaning, & im slighty lost as to which is best to clean them with everyines saying diff stuff,....so whats best?

T8SLD
    quote:Originally posted by Melly

My white alloys are a pain in the butt! THe get filthy by the the time ive had the car out for one day after cleaning, & im slighty lost as to which is best to clean them with everyines saying diff stuff,....so whats best?
    To be honest during winter all i have been doing is washing them to keep the worst of the grime off and putting on a bit of wax. I know it's lazy but cant be bothered with products etc at the mo as they get dirty as soon as i hit the road again. I will spruce them up properly in the spring when the weather is better.