Advice again please

I Want A Works
    A guy at work has an 03 plate Mini One. (I ave told him about this site, and he says he will join... eventually!)
    Now he wants to muck about with the car and has seen various ebay auctions for Cooper S cylinder heads that say you can bolt then straight onto a One or a Cooper. Is this true? Do you get extra Horses? do you need a remap of the ECU?

Any help appreciated

G

Kosta
    One/Cooper/Cooper S cylinder heads are all identical as far as im aware?! If this isnt true someone please correct me! If i am right, i dont see any point... if i am wrong, we have some Cooper S Cylinder heads, brand new, delivery miles email me... lol

broken_brian
    the s head may have larger valves and inlet and exhaust ports, it may also have a larger combustion chamber in the head to lower the compresion as it is forced induction. If it just has the larger valves and ports you would get an increase in power but you would need to combine this with a set of cooper camshafts and a remap of the ecu to get the best results, but if the head is the same throughout the range it is not worth changing it as it will give no gains in power whatsoever.

Similar Threads

1. advice please
    By Mini Me in forum Off Topic & Banter
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 6th January 2007, 09:32 AM
  2. one D advice
    By ianking in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th February 2006, 05:27 AM
  3. advice plz
    By aimee_s in forum Engine & Gearbox
    Replies: 3