Scratched paintwork

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    (Wul's gonna need a straight jacket when he reads all this)

I too live in a flat & either ask me best pal or me dad if I can borrow their hose () before adopting the now famous two bucket method. Would never go near my car with as brush & it never goes near a carwash.

(Have I answered correctly oh Master Megs?)

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Wul
    yup

Wul
    Rob et al - sorry to hear about the scratches/damage guys :(

not even gonna say a thing re those brushes at jet washes!!

Rob - I lived in a flat too - managed to do the mini using 3 buckets and a watering can - only needing to re-fill one bucket a further once - or you could buy a bucket etc and fill it with the water from the air machines and use the jet-wash to rinse - just an idea:question:

As for the scratches - T-cut is pretty harsh as GAJ says so be careful with it - but if it's through the clear coat then polishing won't help - i'd get chipsaway or similar out to quote you for a repair or a good paint shop if you know of one - in the short term the touch-up crayon and coat of wax will geive you temp protection but wou'dn'y like to say how long till the salt gets through the primer to the bodywork beneath

Wul
    the foam jet wash places are good - but they could in theory scar your paintwork if they go too close or have the pressure too high - and i'm not conviced the stuff in the foam won't strip your wax off too!:question:

minidriver#1
    i'd recommend rewaxing the car after any kind of jet / car wash. My car has been vandalised a few times and have encountered paint damage on each occasion, a respray was what i chose in the end since Chips Away took one look and said they couldnt even make a difference to it if they tried.

T Cut, being an abrasive is going to strip the paint from your car and fill in the scratches, but its not a bad option as a temporary solution on the road to a respray, you can tcut and polish over and the apply a decent coat of wax to ensure what is left doesnt corrode away, you have to remember there is still salt on the roads. This is the path i chose just to hold it together before a respray was conducted.

its a shame, but like people have already said its almost impossible not to pick up a scratch here or there, its even worse when its out of your hands such is the case with vandalism :(

The way i look at it, its is just a scar of a well driven car :) cars which are meant to be well driven :)

Jeff
    Just noticed my ever increasinmg number as well but hey what ca you do! How much did your respray cost KJ?

minidriver#1
    £850 for the two doors, bonnet, front valance, rear left quarter, side fenders and the bit below the windscreen from an approved BMW dealership. a full £500 cheaper than John Clarks and they've done a fantastic job.