Squeeky Door Hinge

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I have a very squeeky/grinding door hinge on the driver's side. Has anybody else had this? Is it a know fault? I have tried the usual (clean it and lubricate), but it still seems to make the noise. Minime????? any suggestions. Will be in soon for a service so might just add it to "the list"....

Wul
    Hi Craig - there been a few issues regarding the retaining strap on the MINI (the rusty looking bit between the hinges as you look at the inside edge of the door!) On my 02 Coop is squeaked and got lubed in coppaslip at every service - but on my 04 S it's plastic coated so doesn't make a noise!!

What year is your MINI?

AberdeenMini
    Craig i have the same squeaks on my jan 02 cooper. I just get the wd40 out and use the whole can. Usually leaves me squeak free for a couple of months!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    WD40 is an effective temporary repair, once it dries out it's useless, for long term effect get a silicone based spray from your local hardware store, apply a small amount and work the door back and forward

GAJ
    WD40 is actually the worse thing you can use as it will very effectively remove all the grease!

AberdeenMini
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

WD40 is an effective temporary repair, once it dries out it's useless, for long term effect get a silicone based spray from your local hardware store, apply a small amount and work the door back and forward
    Cheers bonni i will try that, can you remember the name of the stuff?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Thanks for the reply's, thought our resident corporate monkey might have made an appearance and given some advice, but he's only interested in shifting metal...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini
    Cheers bonni i will try that, can you remember the name of the stuff?
    Sorry, can't remember and i'm offshore, but, simply ask for a silicon based spray

Wul
    copaslip is a great alternative :)