Fitting a Cooper S filler cap

Jeff
    Ok after my petrol cap was ripped off:blackeye: and irreplaceably damaged, I have to either get John Clark's to fix it or fit a cooper s filler cap (which I would now prefer to do). Has anyone actually did this to their cooper or have any advice and tips. I have looked at the housing of the petrol cap today and don't have a scooby how I would remove it. I have seen an article on MINI2 but it isn't very descriptive, do fitting instructions come with it when you buy it from coolnew or one of the other accessories sellers? All feedback appreciated.

Cheers Jeff

mgemie
    i changed the standard fuel cover to the MCS filler cap sometime ago on my MO - well proud of it now!

Fitting it was a wee bit complicated but i managed to locate some helpful pointers on net so in the end it wasnt too bad. took me about 30min to replace the original flap & housing. There seems to be two methods of fitting it - the better option involves removing the rear wheel at some arch parts.

I'll see if i can locate the URL or email you the *.pdf file i have...i've just got to find it on ma hard drive..