under car neons/LED kit fittin

mgemie
    Has anyone on here fitted any undercar LED kits to their MINI? I'm considering it but am wondering how best to fit - whats involved exactly?

I'm considering this particular kit - any opinions? http://www.neonfury.co.uk/car_neons/...body_kits.aspx

mgemie
    is there such a thing as generic Neon/LED fitting instructions online anywhere?

Sponsor
    why not try one of the car modifying forums http://www.torquecars.co.uk/Chat/ Not sure if this one is any good, but there are loads out there.

Fontal
    I have fitted a set of multi function and multi colour LED's to my MINI, It took us 2 days in his garage to fit them out of view, belive it or not we had to lengthen the rear wire 5 core so we used telephone cable as its only carrying 12v. The difference with neon and LED wires is that the LED wires have plugs on the end so you need quite a large gromit to get the wires in to the car so we used a patch of rubber next to where the heater comes through the bulkhead,i'll see if I can post a pic.

Sponsor
    Theres a mini going about aberdeen with neons, or led's. It looks sh*t hot, saw it tonight.

quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Theres a mini going about aberdeen with neons, or led's. It looks sh*t hot, saw it tonight.
    Was it silver with graphics on it and four spot lamps on the front? If it was it would have been Margaret. She has got a cool boot install as well. Wouldnt be surprised if her car is at the show tomorrow.