F56 JCW Chrome exhaust tips

Car
    F56 JCW BLACK BEAST
    Just finished of giving the car a quick cleanse.

Now I usually put w little bit of acid on the exhaust tips (standard chrome).

Look what's happened!!

Anyone know of a fix for this or is it gonna have to be a warranty punt?

I've tried Metal polish, G3, normal polish, literally everything!! But I don't want to put more acid over it to see if it clears lol!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0840.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	6626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0838.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	6628

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    if you have nothing to lose try 00 wire wool and a little autosolve if not try warranty
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    What did you use on them to make them go like that Kyle ?
    They weren't that bad were they ... I'd have popped on a bit of metal polish and rubbed hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    When I first got 1499 the tips have never been cleaned in 5.5 years !!!
    I gave them a very light rub o'er with 1200 grit wet and dry and then a slightly heavier rub with 2500 grit wet and dry.
    I then polished them with Autosol and they looked mint.

Car
    F56 JCW BLACK BEAST
    Thanks guys, it's alloy wheel acid guys! but what doesn't make sense is I have put it on before and it's never went like that!
    I have also tried brasso, wire wool, not tried anything else yet, totally unsure if it's even a good coating on the tips!!

The tips are £80 a tip!!! Looking for burnt titanium ones but can't really find a supplier of them!

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    After cleaning them the tips were in such good condition that I got £80 for the pair when I had the Milltek cat back fitted.

Car
    F56 JCW BLACK BEAST
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    After cleaning them the tips were in such good condition that I got £80 for the pair when I had the Milltek cat back fitted.

Thought I would try everything before attempting a warranty claim.. baking soda and vinegar and steeping them for a while! Apparently this works not too bad!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0842.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	6629

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    It must have been very strong acid to do that ... Fingers crossed you get it sorted. What about a drill attachment and a polishing ball to run over it.

You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 JCW BLACK BEAST
    Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    It must have been very strong acid to do that ... Fingers crossed you get it sorted. What about a drill attachment and a polishing ball to run over it.

Unsure buddy, as it's pitted corrosion I highly doubt anything will remove it, I've had them bathing in the vinegar and baking soda for about 3 hours now and it's just made them extremely shiney lol! Some of the dullness is away but if nothing can fix it and I can't warranty them I'll need to find someone who can recoat them chrome!

Ps, black Mperformance ones from a M135i fit lol! And they look very good!!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I would try some wire wool and dome elbow grease
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz