Newbie Airdrie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Welcome to NMS great to have you on board. Dash is dead easy to come out and the CD player can be changed without any issues at all especially on the R50.
    I presume it's the 3 piece dash that's in it ? Are they deep scratches or would they polish out ? You're not too far down the road from me ... if you want a hand I'll be able to certainly assist. You any photos of the dash issue ?
    Personally I'm of the opinion to paint rather than wrap ... if you're going to do it just do it once.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

L Plates
    Car
    Cooper diesel R56
    Hi there. Welcome to a friendly mini site. People on here are brilliant. As for your dilemma with your dashboard parts, are they just plastic parts(no electrical stuff, if so can it be removed??) Reason i ask is have you thought about getting them hydro dipped?? At the moment I have a friend who is working on test run on some parts for my Mini.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I'm another for the paint over vinyl. Colour choices are better and it's less likely to have any problems if someone rubs or scratches against it. That said, you do get some properly good wrap vinyl these days from Avery but my only recommendation would be to use a wrap vinyl not a standard vinyl as it'll peel due to the curves of the dash.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper
    cheers for the responses guys. the scratches are very minimum and they may polish out. You know what it's like get a new car and you start thinking what can I do so I considered wrap/paint, I'll try polish them out first and see what I think then, as for CD player I will defo be replacing it prob end of march due to other commitments but I will prob be looking for help on how to get the old one out and new one in.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper
    The scratches are too bad and there is only a couple of them, I will probably try polish them out first and see how that goes. Next question, what type of polish, I had a Civic few years back and tried similar thing but the polish I used was wrong and ended up marking the dash.