Subwoofer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    You should easily be able to make a sub enclosure that will fit on either side of the boot so that you won't lose your boot space altogether .. That way you'll also be able to remove them at a later date too. If you go down that route though keep a template Malcolm .. others might be interested !
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    R53 Mini Cooper S
    ****EDIT - Ignore the thumbnail bellow, not sure how to delete it, pictures are better on the Flickr link! - EDIT***

So, Just as a follow up I'm making a sort of custom sub build around a Bandpass Enclosure from Vibe. Wasn't sure wither or not to make a new thread to I'm just throwing it at the bottom of this!

Looked for weeks at my possibilites for a sub: Custom build into the side of the boot, Custom Box to 100% fit the boot or wing-it with a Bandpass enclosure from Vibe because I have experienced how clean the bass from the limited edition BlackAir bandpass was.

Opted for option three and LUCKLY I found a 10" Blackair BandPass brand new on Ebay! Couldn't believe my luck as this they were limited edition and discontinued almost two years ago!

I measured up and concluded it would (just) fit in the boot but upon delivery realised, conventionally, it wasn't going to fit Left me with only this angle for fitment: (Please excuse the state on my car! It was washed about three days prior to this!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/craigr56/15799440888/

Looks ugly in my opinion, so the build begins!
    Ultimately I want to install a false floor, allowing wiring to be hidden and giving a very clean look to the boot and sub. Until then I knocked this together in an hour or so, heading round to find some carpet tomorrow after collage. It fits the sub perfectly onto the slope of the rear seats and lifts it high enough not to rub as it was doing previously. I left a hole in the bottom for wiring (when I get it installed), clean enough to rest my mind so I can take my time and perfect the false floor before installing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/craigr...n/photostream/

Im sure most of you think I'm crazy, I've practically destroyed my boot space but it will be worth it and the best part is its all very easily removable it I really need too.

Not sure how many people will be interested but I thought Id post anyway! If anyone wants a follow up with carpeting and ultimately the false floor then let me know and I'll make sure to create a post with it. Also looking to install Vibe 6x9 in the rear and (maybe) front speakers too. Although I don't rate the front speaks badly in the coop!

Thanks,
    Craig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6297.jpg  

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Cool - always like a wee ICE install. Used to do it many years back (remembering my Focal's up front and my 2 x 12l Rockford Fosgate subs in the back putting out 142db). Ah them were the days...! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    R53 Mini Cooper S
    That sounds crazy man! Never had a sub build in my car before, looking forward to getting it sounding (And looking) good!