my minins first MOT

L Plates
    Car
    R56 cooper s
    hi folk, my mini has just had its first MOT today and failed :(

the garage picked up on an oil leak coming from the timing chain cover side of the engine, the oil has been leaking down onto the auxiliary belt and tensioner this has let to the tensioner pulley becoming noisy

Anyone had this before?

its still under warranty do you think it will cover this?

many thanks

Car
    Mini Cooper S R53 & Mini Cooper Clubman R55
    I have never in my life heard of a car failing an mot due to a noisy tensioner pulley. That's not even something that gets checked on an mot, at the very most it should only have been noted as an advisory unless there oil literally dripping all over the place !

Is that all it failed on ? What code is against it on the fail sheet ?

As above, oil leak is an advisory. What's the reason stated on the sheet?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs