SPACE SAVER

Hybrid View

Well, if yours was a non-S Cooper Clubman, it could have a 115/70R15 90M spacesaver spare.

That has part number 36101508367 and has a list price of £131. So ask the dealer's parts department to search for a non-S car.

If they really won't be that helpful:
    a) hit them;
    b) look for a non-S R56 hatch on the dealer's forecourt and give the registration number from that to the parts department guy, assuming he's still speaking to you after being hit.

A cheaper solution that I've read about is to use a secondhand spacesaver wheel off a Rover 45, but I don't know the ins and outs of that - you would be better off asking that question on somewhere like TotalMini where there are more members. I've just looked on eBay and there is a Rover 45 spacesaver there for £35 + £6 delivery. It's a 125/80R15 but that sounds a similar diameter but a little more width than a 115/70R15. I don't think the small difference in diameter can matter as the spacesaver wheel is far smaller than the other wheels on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Angib View Post
    .....you would be better off asking that question on somewhere like TotalMini where there are more members.
    Well, that was crap advice, wasn't it? I saw your post and no answers. Maybe grit your teeth for all the rude comments and ask it on MiniTorque?

Buggrit, I'll ask on Mini Torque.
    Last edited by Angib; 28th January 2014 at 06:13 PM.