Looking to buy a Cooper S

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    In my experience if your looking fir a specific second hand car then it's well worth the travel.... Your example is a saving of £1500, so it might cost £100 to get it... Seems like a no brainer to me. I went all the way to Bournemouth to pick up a mini and I got it for nearly half the price I would have paid in Scotland... I would say concentrate on the spec and price and then look at distance. If it's from a mini dealer then they can ship so work that into the deal

Test Passed
    Car
    golf gti edition 30
    You are correct mate. I'm no stranger to travelling for a car, Inverness airport is handy

It's just having to trust a sellers description I don't like, going all that way to find faults never mentioned puts me off.

Car
    Completely understand that, loads of photos and questions always worked for me.... Plus other forums could give you advice on good or bad dealers in Englandshire

Test Passed
    Car
    golf gti edition 30
    Aye before I contact a seller, I always do a background research on google.

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
    Deal breaker for sure, the car has to be faultless
    Not being rude, but you're looking at the wrong car.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Test Passed
    Car
    golf gti edition 30
    That doesn't fill me with confidence lol

LadyR
    I'm sure you could find a faultless car, and as you say, you're in no rush...but what you're looking for is so specific but the spec's coming from a totally different car. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a car that isn't quite what I went looking for, and I do wonder if you could be missing a really great car just because it's missing heated seats or whatever else? Personally I'm always suspicious of a warm seat 😳

You'll stick in though til you find a cracker I'm sure, happy hunting.

Car
    What Gordon is saying is that NO MINI is perfect. They all have some little issue... My GP has a crack in the rear spoiler, has more rattles inside than a toddlers convention and it cost about 3 grand more than your budget.

Tbh you could buy a £25k new mini and still have faults ... It's part of their charm !!

LadyR
    Craig! It's not that they're not perfect, they just don't have the correct owner. It's true though, unless you build the car yourself and spec the living daylights out of it, you'll never be 100%

Car
    I stand by my comments ... Every mini has its faults... .