Countryman "coupe"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    That was a deep post elfman!

I agree, I don't see the point of the paceman. Looks better than a countryman, but still not great.

MINIme:)
    I agree too, it does look a bit more stylish than a countryman, but it's not making any sense with the lets take the car that we made more practical and make it less practical malarky. And the vision I'm not sure looks great, but would obviously have to sit in one before judging that.
    It is very evoque ish as others have all said - that's a car that I thought I liked when i saw pictures but I don't like at all now I've seen it 'in the wild'. looks squashed to me with inadequate windows!

Resident old yin.
    Well said minime, I think the Evoque looks hideous. A "fashion" disaster.

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Fine enough motor but I prefer the CM
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Family just got a brand new Nissan Juke and I have to honestly say I liked it. I think this would be a close match with its ALL4 but I have to emit at being a MINI snob/ purest that would rather MINI did not venture too far from the original styling.

I’ve come to the decision not to be to down beat anymore over new MINI’s as long as the Hatch is not mutilated to death for the sake of “futuristic styling” over Retro that I loved.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Resident old yin.
    I really like the Juke, it is kinda funky lookin...

I am also a fan of the Skoda Yeti. A handsome car, but still function over form, unlike the Evoque!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Ohh dear....beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.
    I think the Juke is one of the ugliest cars ever to grace this planet and the Evoque a stunning looking machine. I'm sorry, but off-road an Evoque will thrash a Juke or a Yeti (I like the Yeti) The Evoque is a re-bodied Freelander after all.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I'm with you Gordy. Jude wanted a Juke instead of the MINI.... Eh no, it's like a wart !!

I've driven the Evoque on-road and off-road and it's absolutely superb. This country has been brain washed by the media and government that anything bigger than a micra is grotesque and vulgar and nobody should have one. Thank god we still have a democracy and can put 2 fingers up to that opinion.

I'll never be able to afford an Evoque but I'd gladly have one if I had the money as it is an everything car

MINIme:)
    what was the visibility like Craig? I worry that the tiny high up rear window means that if I followed it in a mini they wouldn't even see that I was there.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    This country has been brain washed by the media and government that anything bigger than a micra is grotesque and vulgar and nobody should have one. Thank god we still have a democracy and can put 2 fingers up to that opinion.
    )
    Nonsense. The media loves the Evoque and the government are driven around in Range Rovers etc.

Vulgar, now there's a good word to describe the Evoque...