Mini van! (Concept for now)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah I see it more a trinket delivery van, that will take light loads and spend more time parked sideways in front of the premises of the small business than anything else. Coming to an estate agent near you soon!!!!!!

In saying that a mate had a Blue original mini van and you could get four in the back...with no seat belts, no seats, the odd bag of Pakora. It was amazingly good fun. But then back then you could pile out of the back with plod parked in a petrol station and they would just smile, those were the days.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Heard about this last week........like very much, but as has been said already, it would be faily simple to covert a Clubman and keep the option of the rear seats, which we were going to do with the original Van before we changed. Does anyone remember this, which appeared in NM Mag a few years back?

I have managed to get a washing machine, still in all it's packaging, in the back of our Van as it is and I'm also not sure if we could live without the rear seats, our grandaughters love getting in through their special "Princess Door" at the back!!
    A guy in Edinburgh has had his rear side windows colour coordinated in the vinyl they use on the buses, which allows passengers to see out, but nobody to see in. He has then had his business graphics added, which makes it look just like a Van.

Still something I'd like to do, with "Mom's Chuck Wagon" on the side.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Heard about this last week........like very much, but as has been said already, it would be faily simple to covert a Clubman and keep the option of the rear seats, which we were going to do with the original Van before we changed. Does anyone remember this, which appeared in NM Mag a few years back? Still something I'd like to do, with "Mom's Chuck Wagon" on the side.
    Ahhh, I remember that run Malcolm - I can see still smell the chips (should really wash more often...).
    One of the few NMS runs with a Heart Attack NOT caused by over-ambitious cornering speeds!
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 20th February 2012 at 03:12 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    This looks like just what I need when I get into furniture restoration...
    You'd have to restore a hell of a lot of furniture just to pay for the van Joanna!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Very Scottish, fish and chips out the back of a van and bottle of Bru sitting on the deck……
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

The original Van was only days old when that happened. We put a couple of dozen fish suppers in the back and it took a long time for the smell to go away. Worth it though, Tony's fish suppers were top notch.

Looking at the pictures again of the new Van in more detail , it's interesting that they haven't done away with the Chrome body line on the rear panels. I would have got rid of it and made the whole rear panel one piece, which would have meant that any graphics wouldn't be "cut through horizontally with the chrome body line. Interesting also that they don't show any pictures of the other side with the "Princes Door", as again that would devide the graphic vertically. Easy to realise that I've given this some thought over the years......so sad, but like Stewart I remember the days when we could get 4 peps in the back ....with guitars and nobody worried about health and safety as we headed off to the Lake district.

Here's a PROPER Mini VAN! Now THAT I want!!!
    Jeez! I managed to attach something! There's no stopping me now.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mini_Van_001.jpg  
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 20th February 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Minis, sunshine, palm trees.........that must have been Ardrossan in "Summer of '69"

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Here's a PROPER Mini VAN! Now THAT I want!!!
    Jeez! I managed to attach something! There's no stopping me now.....
    Think light blue and your there, I don't have any pictures but my mate does (actual printed pictures remember them) of us all standing round it looking so young! Mate brought a box down from his loft and there was hundreds of pictures just mucking around, it was great just seeing all the old cars in the back grounds...