Mg bgt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Is this you going through your mid-life crises is it John?

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    Is this you going through your mid-life crises is it John?
    If it is then i'm going to reach 104

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    V8
    This one is a standard 2.0 un molested. (to slow me down)
    however................................I am going to look at a very very quick V8 convertible one on wednesday (nice track toy)

Watch this space.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I really fancy an MGC, with sorted suspension, brakes, triple carbs and 200BHP... on Minilites of course! Company down south, MG Motorsport... if I ever get rid of the MINI....
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 25th January 2011 at 03:04 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    however................................I am going to look at a very very quick V8 convertible one on wednesday (nice track toy)

Watch this space.
    You just cant beat the noise of a Rover V8.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    You just cant beat the noise of a Rover V8.
    Sorry
    Ian, I'll see your Rover V8 (a fine wee motor) and raise you a Blown and Nitrous'd Big Block Chevy!

... or as an alternative to the V8s, a nice tuned straight 6 like a Big Healey (or MGC)

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Straight Six Healey ...... now your talking.....drool droool .....
    please Sioban for my birthday....lol

GP BILLY
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post

Watch this space.
    How did you get on with the convertible ?

here my v8 TR John (turn you volume up)

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by GP BILLY View Post
    How did you get on with the convertible ?

here my v8 TR John

I have bought it, but im currently offshore, cant wait to collect it.

It was built from a new shell by a friend of mine but he never finished it as he had a few other projects too,
    it was then sold to the current owner, he finished it and has done less than 2000 miles in it as he has been working overseas and the caar was in storage.
    When Hugh (first owner) started the build he gusseted the rear suspension pick up points for strength and moved the bulkhead to get the engine further back for better handling. it has Bilstein suspension all round, four pot callipers big valve heads and a mean cam too with a Holley to pump it full of expensive gogo juice.

I will keep you posted.

(ps not seen your video yet) will watch it when i get back onshore tonight.