When is a JCW not a JCW?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    clubman0_1
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Mr Clubman. I would disagree about you saying that the brakes are no different. p.s they are 4 pot not 6 pot. I took my standard R56 S round knockhill a couple years ago and gave it some abuse. The brakes really let it down. They were fading away to nothing under the heat and when I pulled back into the pit lane they were pi$$ing blue smoke out everywhere. A couple months back I took my R56 factory JCW to knockhill to give it the same treatment. The brakes were fantastic, no fade, no blue smoke, no squeeling pads and bear in mind I was approaching the corners faster in this car than I was able to do in the S. I really would recommend the brakes if you like to give your car some sport. God just typing this makes me want to go drive the car. Sadly I can't as I'm in Morroco sweating my tits off in this 41 degrees.
    if your brakes were smokining you were to heavy on them and slow into corners lol

clubman0_1
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    I never took my R56 S round knockhill but even on normal roads they were a let down at times. Don't get me wrong they are good brakes and work well driving about like yer dad, and lets be honest most of us don't drive round knockhill every weekend, however in saying that if you want to go out and hit a quiet back road and are quite aggressive on the the brakes they were dissapointing.

As you say Ian the brembo's are in another league. In fact it was one of the first things Del noticed when he drove mine at the weekend, just after going round that tight bend on 2 wheels
    i personaly think its all down to choice and the way you drive. my car has origional pads in it none 12000 miles in it and is on 21 K. pad inicator has been on for months but tons of meat on tem. I do drive it hard but i use engine braking more than pedal. big fan of fast in and faster out of corners :)

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman0_1 View Post
    if your brakes were smokining you were to heavy on them and slow into corners lol

that was after about 9/10 laps going very hard with standard pads and disks i know cos i was in front of him lol
    New sig coming soon

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    that was after about 9/10 laps going very hard with standard pads and disks i know cos i was in front of him lol
    If you were behind him he must have been going like the clappers