Rattling noise from rear brake.

E1ONN
    hi all, i put my mini into the garage to get new rear pads on and ever since they were fitted i have been getting a rattling noise every time i drive it but it stops when i brake, the more it rattles it sounds like something is seriously loose i have checked the caliper and disc but all seems to be in order. i am completly baffled to what it is. the garage is being a ***** about it and wont do anything untill next week. coming up to a week after they were fitted. any ideas on what it mite be or causing this?

cheers.
    Last edited by GCA3N; 30th July 2010 at 06:04 AM.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Is the car braking ok ??

Sounds like the disc, pads or caliper us rattling when not in use but when pressure is placed on them it works ok.. Sound like something on the brake assembly isn't quite tight... I would be VERY careful .... . Hope you get it sorted..

E1ONN
    Yea the car is braking ok found that out today haha. i spoke to another garage and they said the disc mite be a bit distorted?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Yeah it could be warped, ie not straight so catching on each rotation... Rear brakes are common for having probs on R50/53