Chrome Trim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I know how it comes off...

right in womens words.

Open the car bonnet.

The top chrome trim that's attached to the bonnet has wee clip things that you take a flat head and gently prize then till they unclick think it also has four screws you need to take out but you will be able to see what is required.

Bottom grill has the push plastic things with the wee centre bit take flat head gently prize out the centre bit and the studs come off. The whole grill comes off gently pull it and it will click out, once removed from car you will be able to see how to remove chrome trim although be careful I thought it look like you good easy break it.

Well thats what we did on my car anyway last week.
    Cooper Coupe...

GCA3N
    Good info

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Chrome comes seperate from the grille Neil, just it might leave a gap where the chrome would sit??

GCA3N
    From that pic David it would appear that the bottom grille with chrome is different from the one with out ie there appears to be slots where the chrome section must sit. Would that not look stupid when the chrome bit hads been removed.

Looks like you'll need to swap the whole unit Neil...I think.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Yeah, there will be a gap if you take the chrome out, you would be best with a new grille, or do a trade with Del on his black for your chrome

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Can't really be bothered with the hassle of taking it off all for a little bit of chrome trim lol! Was just curious before I went at it with a flat head and cracked the whole thing...just as well I didnt!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Can't really be bothered with the hassle of taking it off all for a little bit of chrome trim lol! Was just curious before I went at it with a flat head and cracked the whole thing...just as well I didnt!
    Just get a felt tip and colour it in.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Just get a felt tip and colour it in.
    Or photoshop every picture I put on here from now on lol!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Or photoshop every picture I put on here from now on lol!
    ...ah great idea