Coloured footwell lights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mgemie
    i found the correct 12v 5w bulbs required for this 'mod', yet maplin only do them in white as far as i can see....<runs off to continue the hunt>....

mgemie
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

They are 12V5W "push in" type filament bulbs marked E1 -took a min to change

locate the footwell light and push fitting out from the rear, then gently pullout the bulb( iused the lid of a bic biro to gently lever it at the same time, change and reverse the process!

I got them from A1 Autostores in Bathgate but i'm sure some of the Glasgow car stores will do them too, Autobar was the make £2.99 for the pair and they also do them in Green, Blue, and Mauve.

the green ones might match your BRG MINI quiet nicely.
    Do A1 Autostores have a website? I quite fancy a blue pair but where, oh where to buy them.....lol

Mini Martyn
    Ive got blue in my footwell looks cool, alot better than the standard ones!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm sure mikeythemini would be able to get you the correct colour of bulbs to match your car

Wul
    mgemie - A1 do have a website but it doesn't do mail order :( Was there last week and coulda got you a set but won't be there for a while now!

I'd try phoning round a few local places with the type of bulb or call A1 (look up www.yell.com) and see if they'll post you a set.

Or as BS says - email Mikeythemini - but he's away skiing in italy just now so may not reply for a few days!

mgemie
    ok Wul, i'm in glasgow the rest of the week so i'l have a look round a few shops - maybe maplin do them....worth a try i think.

The hunt shall continue..<mgemie runs off out the front door grabbing the crossbow and wolfskin jerkin on the way past, jumps in the mini and zooms off into the sunset>

mgemie
    Mission accomplished. My MO now features dark blue interior lighting...and the effect is sweet especially when locking/unlocking car at night!

Wul
    Did you just get footwell bulbs or the overhead light too?

mgemie
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Did you just get footwell bulbs or the overhead light too?
    i changed both footwell lights and the overhead light. However, i decided to leave the two side reading lights 'as normal' since blue lights aint too good for reading in the dark! lol!