How to clean the car in this -0.? weather

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Cool, a'l bare that in mind Greg, thanks!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Mr N16SHP
    Im afraid it sounds like you have scratched your roof and tardis wont work as the defect is into the paint as apposed to on the paint.
    I certainly wouldnt use T cut. Its really not very nice and the abrasives in it dont break down so you just end up putting swirls into the paint after you have removed the deep scratch.
    It will more than likely need machine polished. There are several hand work scratch removers but to be honest I really dont think they work. You could try Meguiars scratch X but MINI paint is so hard that it prob wont shift it if its deep.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I took advantage of today's nice weather to give Dougall a spruce up. Wrapped the dodgy foot in cling film inside a plastic bag so that I could hobble about in the wet. Car wasn't particularly dirty since I'd given it a once over week before. I think I said before that some clown had bashed car with a shopping trolley. I always know when the car needs waxing coz the mark shows up. I was really wanting to try the two waxes I got at Xmas so first up was the Collonite. Gave fab shine but was really disappointed that it didn't hide the mark. I used it on half the car, and Dodo juice banana stuff on the other. The dodo stuff covered the mark no probs. Both buffed off very easiy, much easier than the other expensive stuff I've used but couldnt see any difference in the finish which I thought was very very good. I think I need to take car to a body shop though because at the end of the day I'm only masking the damage. Also am really disappointed that in such a short time of ownership that Dougall's bum has a lot of swirl marks on it. Anybody able to recommend someone in Aberdeen area that would get rid of these for me or how I could do it myself. I don't have a polisher and to be honest don't think I'd trust myself with one. Thank you

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Got all three of our wee babies a good clean up today also. Making good use of the milder weather before the cold re-snaps.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

baptie
    I also took advantage of the sun.
    Unfortunately I have not attempted to wash since early December.
    all washed came across:
    2" x 4" scuff on driverside wheel arch, looks like car park scuff
    Stone chip on Roof
    two real bad chips just above petrol filler, look like a bit of rogue grit wet walk abouts.

Think I will need to give Dave a shout for some touch up before they get any worst!
    White roof and dark silver, am gutted!

Still.......great to see it clean again

euan
    Yup, I got the Audi washed at the weekend - used the first batch of snow foam that I had left (was over diluted and not very good) but wanted to check my hose had defrosted! Then jetwashed it, then snow foamed again with a better mix - much more impressed and the leak seems to be better on the lance, but still needs fixing. Then jetwash, then hand wash with Duragloss and then jetwashed again. Discovered just how good PoorBoys wheel sealant is though, impressive stuff! Though I also found a chip on an alloy that needs attention soon.

Car is looking great though, loving the snow foam and Duragloss combination!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    UGH! Major disaster. Was driving along when I came to some road works, and they had set up a diversion. Not only did the diversion take you over fresh tar, but past a machine that was cutting up the road and lobbing tar into a big truck. Car got showered! I was fuming! So drove as quick as the law would take me to my parents and cracked out the hose to get as much off asap before it stuck. Only a couple of spots wouldn't budge!

Time to invest in some Auto Tardis me thinks to get it off!!! Greg, who was it you got yours from?

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    UGH! Major disaster. Was driving along when I came to some road works, and they had set up a diversion. Not only did the diversion take you over fresh tar, but past a machine that was cutting up the road and lobbing tar into a big truck. Car got showered! I was fuming! So drove as quick as the law would take me to my parents and cracked out the hose to get as much off asap before it stuck. Only a couple of spots wouldn't budge

Time to invest in some Auto Tardis me thinks to get it off!!! Greg, who was it you got yours from?
    eBay you wanting the sellers details?

GCA3N
    Nightmare about the car though, hate when that stuff happens. Anyway at least it's ok nothing lasting.

Seller: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/washshop

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Mr N16SHP
    Im afraid it sounds like you have scratched your roof and tardis wont work as the defect is into the paint as apposed to on the paint.
    I certainly wouldnt use T cut. Its really not very nice and the abrasives in it dont break down so you just end up putting swirls into the paint after you have removed the deep scratch.
    It will more than likely need machine polished. There are several hand work scratch removers but to be honest I really dont think they work. You could try Meguiars scratch X but MINI paint is so hard that it prob wont shift it if its deep.
    owwwwwwwwwwe!!!!

Well i'm tempted to go out and speak to the guys at Polished Bliss, but im worried about getting told I need to do this that and another 100 processes and get confused. Another big problem is that I don't even own a machine polisher! Thanks for the advice Mr King, mucho appreciated!

Thanks for the info too Greg, top man!