Pay Pal woes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Got my refund in full this morning.

Gordy she never once asked for the payment as a "gift", so I never even thought to do it that way. However, if she had asked to paid as a gift I would have walked away anyway, because presumably there's no Pay Pal protection on that if the goods are materially not as described. Whereas, even outside of eBay if you pay for something by Pay Pal, there is some Pay pal protection if things go breasts up.

However, this whole experience has done nothing to quell my concerns about high value purchases on Pay Pal or eBay. It's just not worth it.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    However, this whole experience has done nothing to quell my concerns about high value purchases on Pay Pal or eBay. It's just not worth it.
    I feel exactly the same . Glad you got the full refund .

GCA3N
    Ebay used to be a case of get it on Ebay it's cheaper, now you have to look harder to get a bargain. They're still there but there's alot of over priced stuff now. One of the examples I got stung by was the aero grille for my old cooper after I bought it I found out that it cost slightly less direct from BMW. I like amazon now, get alot of good buys through them.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Can't believe I missed this thread, lol.

Yeah, I never buy from sellers that offer to trade off Ebay. You don't know the person and are at the mercy of paypals bizare rules for refunds. At least Ebay has higher more strict rules and it's easier to get your money back .

In saying that though, if a buyer offers to buy off Ebay then I'm fine by it. Though I never ask to be sent via a gift. I think you did the right thing. They can also send you an invoice for goods, that gives you even more protection.

In the end you could always get them to relist with fees included in the price, then when the wheels arrive complain to ebay and get yer money back, they keep their cash and you get to keep the wheels. Worked for me twice, lol

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferengo View Post
    In the end you could always get them to relist with fees included in the price, then when the wheels arrive complain to ebay and get yer money back, they keep their cash and you get to keep the wheels. Worked for me twice, lol
    I just never seem to get that kind of luck.

A.

Car
    Arrgggg! It goes on.

My pay pal balance wasn't going to be enough to fund the wheels. I have a normal linked bank account that I use with Pay Pal, but having been stung before with Pay Pal fraudsters, I keep next to nothing in that account.

So, I transferred TO that linked account so that Pay Pal can take the balance out to fund the whole payment to the seller.

When the payment was refunded to me, I checked my own bank account and saw that Pay Pal hadn't taken the balance yet, so I figured as the transaction had effectively been cancelled, I moved those funds back out my linked account to a safe account.

Checked my online banking today and my pay pal tried to take the balance today! As there isn't enough funds in the account my bank have hit me with a £35 fee for a declined DD! **** *** ***** ******* **** bankers!

Just spoke to a nice Pay Pal chap in Mumbai who managed to convince me they will not try and take the payment again, and that they will refund me the £35. Yeah, right! How much you all bet I never see a dime of that?

What a sad, sorry frikking experience.

A.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    That's happend to me. I sent money to Hammy (£10), realised it was the wrong email address so I cancelled it. Then sent the money to the correct email address and paypal took £20 out and refunded me £10 10 days later. Worst thing was the other email address didn't exist so no-one claimed it so the money should never have been taken out.

So I've learned that Paypal take around 3-5 working days to take money from your account.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Just wait for the day when you sell something, buyer contacts you with a problem, you agree to refund him the money everythings OK up to this point If you've spent the money the buyer sent you on another ebay item and don't have enough in your paypal account to cover the refund then the fun starts Even though I pay most of my ebaying direct from my mastercard (unlike you Andy I rarely keep any dosh in my paypal account) paypal won't take a refund from it I had to log my current account with them (5 days while they transfer 2 small amounts into your account to make sure its actually yours), then transfer money from it to paypal (7 days to clear) then I had to issue the refund (7 -10 days they said) Good job the guy who was waiting for the refund was OK about it as it took well over 2 weeks for him to get his money backAnd they say electronic banking is quick......my arse
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    And they say electronic banking is quick......my arse
    Generally it is quick, but not with PayPal, they hold onto your money to get the interest