first service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident old yin.
    When was your car registered? How many miles has it covered?

Mine was serviced at 21k miles. It was the fact that it was 2yo that over-ruled though. If it was younger it would have made it to ~23k miles.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    When was your car registered? How many miles has it covered?

Mine was serviced at 21k miles. It was the fact that it was 2yo that over-ruled though. If it was younger it would have made it to ~23k miles.
    18500 miles on the clock, Built in July 2007, Registered middle of sept 07 so it's a 57 plate. You think this sounds right?

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I’m going to go by the date on my 57……….it was registered 31 Dec 2007 but it had only done 1200 miles when I bought it and now its only up to just over 5k. It comes up a date near the end of the year and it will be going in or around no matter the mileage as I think Date or 20K it goes in and my mini could take years to cover that!

Anyone know how long it takes is it a day or a few hours.......Only asking as I might ask for a Cooper S to try when it goes in as I fancy one next and will be able to tell the difference now I’m used to the Cooper.
    Last edited by Stewart; 2nd March 2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Only 5K!!! lol.

Yup it's 2 years or 20,000 miles but it seems that the area either side of those for bringing it in varies from Dealer to Dealer.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferengo View Post
    18500 miles on the clock, Built in July 2007, Registered middle of sept 07 so it's a 57 plate. You think this sounds right?
    18 500 miles, it could be due a service at that mileage. If you do a lot of thrashing and town driving it would need done earlier.

Mine is driven very gently and mostly a cruise along the A1/bypass.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    I’m going to go by the date on my 57……….it was registered 31 Dec 2007 but it had only done 1200 miles when I bought it and now its only up to just over 5k. It comes up a date near the end of the year and it will be going in or around no matter the mileage as I think Date or 20K it goes in and my mini could take years to cover that!

Anyone know how long it takes is it a day or a few hours.......Only asking as I might ask for a Cooper S to try when it goes in as I fancy one next and will be able to tell the difference now I’m used to the Cooper.
    Mine took about 2 hours including the brake fluid change at 2 years old.

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    18 500 miles, it could be due a service at that mileage. If you do a lot of thrashing and town driving it would need done earlier.

Mine is driven very gently and mostly a cruise along the A1/bypass.
    Cheers. Some say I thrash my car but I don't think I do. Mostly city driving but I do go through to Perth once every 2 weeks and down to lincoln (800mile roumd trip) every 4 or 5 months.

My Dooper has had its 2nd oil service and is only 18mths old first was done at 13000 miles and the second just last few weeks at 26000 you can check the on board comp yourself from your stalk control to see what is actually due for service I am currently 1000 mile away from a brake fluid change or July 2009 whatever is first. Grassicks reads the key fob with there computer at the service desk before any work is done so they can see how bad/good a driver I have been lol

Andy
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Mine took about 2 hours including the brake fluid change at 2 years old.
    Cheers for that
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamesj View Post
    Grassicks reads the key fob with there computer at the service desk before any work is done so they can see how bad/good a driver I have been lol

Andy
    GULP!!!

Does that mean I can use my wifes keyfob, she never drives lol Think I might be outted here for my driving. I only get around 34mpg in the city and about 44 on the motorway.