Black WOW

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusM View Post
    I just used Black Wow...and it is excellent...now just waiting for it to dry and then see how it lasts. But the difference in colour of plastic is amazing.
    Month and a half from the first (and admittedly not too thorough) coat, and still going strong!

I have no problem using the Black WoW either.
    The black trims have always been left to me to do.

At the weekend I clayed bar my trims worked a treat, don't know whether I should have clayed bar them but I did and my clay bar was dirty at the end I thought it made them nice and smooth.

Got to follow the instructions a pea size amount on a sponge applicator will do the trim on one side of the car for me, if I put to much on and leaves a shiny uneven look then I go over with a damp MF.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I always finish off with a damp MF cloth. Removes any residue and gives a smooth, even finish, IMHO. It also removes the stickiness from the newly applied Black Wow, which can catch flies and moths etc.

I do the same with the Blue MINI when I use the peanut oil as well.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

eddie 44
    my wee bottle o black wow arrived yesterday... this stuff is magic..
    so easy to apply.. great finish.. 10/10,

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie 44 View Post
    my wee bottle o black wow arrived yesterday... this stuff is magic..
    so easy to apply.. great finish.. 10/10,
    Remember and give your application a wipe down with a damp micro fibre cloth. Gives it a great finish.

A.

N12 JLK
    Got my bottle in the post today, looking forward to Saturday to apply this so called miracle goo. By reading some posts it seems you can make an ar*e of it quiet easily though which is worrying me a bit. I have put several coats of Zymol wax on my trim over the past few months and that will need to come off before applying, I will use my tar remover on a cloth and then clay them as Fiona clay-ed hers and she got a good result. So I should wipe them down after applying the Wow, do I wait till it drys or just go for it, does it streak like all the other products in the market, if so then I'm not doing it as my Zymol doesn't.

Views welcome as you know Im a cleaning buff.

Jason,

It's always best to give any product like this a nice clean oil free base to start of with. So getting rid of all previous applications to trim is IMO the best way to start. I done this with using my clay while washing the car making sure the trim was really wet at all times.

Black Wow is easy to use. Follow the instructions, only use a very small pea sized amount on a sponge applicator and work it in to your black trim don't be tempted to load up the sponge again to soon it really will go along way,

A pea size amount will do one side of my trim just settle down and take your time. If you are left with any uneven bits i.e one bit looks shiny and wet another bit does not then get a damp cloth and wipe over the trim, that in itself will sort out any over application.
    Last edited by Scottie; 26th June 2008 at 10:25 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

N12 JLK
    ta much Mrs Doop

Car
    Black Wow sacked - for now.

Got fed up of having white bits appear on the trim. And this is the diamondbrite free car! I suspect it may be the polish from when I polished the car back in May, but I've tried removing that and re-applying black wow and still the white bits come back.

So, for now, I've ditched black wow, and gone back to peanut oil, with a follow up treatment of augotglym bumper care gel. The autoglym is applied the next day after the nut oil has dried in. Leaves the arches with a deep black gloss and high shine.

Got to say, the result is just as stunning as black wow when it's first applied, and for me, may well be more durable.

A.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Why not try the black wow after the peanut oil.
    Im sure that would be better than following up the peanut oil with AG.

I still stand by that black wow lasts longer than AG and runs less as well.