British GP at Donington

Smitty
    British GP at Donington From 2010 - BBC News

What's your thoughts on this F1 fans?

Personally, I think it's good news. Never been a big fan of Silverstone, rather dull track if you ask me. Also, Donington is much further north, closer to Scotland, and right next door to my future home, Nottingham

What stumps me though is going by the MotoGP a few weekends back, the track is rather dated along with the facilities. Surely the amount of money to be invested into it will exceed the amount talked about for Silverstone upgrades?

Laineee
    Completely agree that Donington's much more dated than Silverstone, but the BRDC have been promising to upgrade Silverstone for years and nothing ever materialises. Maybe Bernie Ecclestone just finally got sick of their broken promises and decided to trust someone else's.

And as far as I'm concerned, it's a much better idea, being that it's only 30mins drive from my brother's house!

euan
    Owned by different people, so one lot (ie Donnington) will pay up, Silverstone wont. Apparently there was a split in the BRDC as to whether the spend would ever pay for itself, and that's why it's dragged on so long.

They will need to spend a ton on Donnington though, will need to widen the track and renew everything. Plus, the M1 is a pain...

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Donington is a great circuit, although I believe they are going to have to lengthen it also (going by what was said on the coverage today)

I for one might make the journey to see it once it is at Donington.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    i think it is good and i will prob go and see it when in donington
    New sig coming soon