Indiana Jones Movie MINI Run - Sunday 1st June

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Crombers mate, You're Fired
    Firing accepted boss

Saw proof of the evil rust yesterday on a four/five year old so ...........
    I'm out, I quit, I be offski, ta-ta ;bigwave:

Polish is the new god

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I just want to say sorry to those I passed on the A7 on the way up the road. I was fading fast as was Jude and I just wanted to get up the road... on that note - who stole Stoney and swapped him with an old lady ? I never thought you drove at that speed...
    I need to apologise to Elfman as well as I think I kinda squeezed in front of him during that mad rush of overtaking....sorry dude In my defence tho I'd just had a text saying my tea was at 8.30 and the way stoney was driving I would be lucky if I made it home for breakfast
    I'll add my thanks to the Poole's as well;bigwave: Great grub and good movie...TA
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    BIG Thanks to the Pooles for organising another great day out - try to work a bit harder on the weather, guys - you know you can do it. Enjoyed the Projection Room tours, very interesting to see what goes on while everybody's enjoying a film. Lunch was up to the usual standard (if only I could've had a wee nap afterwards........) Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing - thanks everybody!

On the way home from Gala, we were taking it easy - I had about a quarter of a tank of juice left, and Bumble's MINI was feeling a bit 'under the weather' (in more ways than one). I reckoned Stoney was in the same boat as me, fuel-wise, so with that in mind, I just contented myself with a leisurely run home.... BUT - as Bumble said, Stoney turned into a layby as we went onto the M8, and I pulled in after him. Turns out our lad has picked up the 'dreaded lurgy' - he was NOT a well man, so the two of us just drove home slowly in horrible conditions - spray, standing water etc etc. Bad enough when you're feeling OK, nightmare when you're ill. Anyway, we got back to Larkhall, and Rob was away to his bed, looking like death warmed up - hope you're feeling better mate!

Lurgy, Low Fuel and a wonky Bumblemobile (did it feel any better on the way home Lynn?). So that's the mystery of 'Indiana Jones and the Slow Stone' solved! See you all on the next one when hopefully all the cars and their drivers will be fighting fit! By the way Gordy, I saw you coming - you were fine - loads of room.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 2nd June 2008 at 08:51 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Great Day out again with NMS. Thanks to the Pooles for finding a great place for lunch and for the cheap cinema tickets......

the weather is nothing - we live in Scotland, so it always rains..

I just want to say sorry to those I passed on the A7 on the way up the road. I was fading fast as was Jude and I just wanted to get up the road... on that note - who stole Stoney and swapped him with an old lady ? I never thought you drove at that speed...

hope to see you on the Perthshire Run...
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    BIG Thanks to the Pooles for organising another great day out - try to work a bit harder on the weather, guys - you know you can do it. Enjoyed the Projection Room tours, very interesting to see what goes on while everybody's enjoying a film. Lunch was up to the usual standard (if only I could've had a wee nap afterwards........) Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing - thanks everybody!

On the way home from Gala, we were taking it easy - I had about a quarter of a tank of juice left, and Bumble's MINI was feeling a bit 'under the weather' (in more ways than one). I reckoned Stoney was in the same boat as me, fuel-wise, so with that in mind, I just contented myself with a leisurely run home.... BUT - as Bumble said, Stoney turned into a layby as we went onto the M8, and I pulled in after him. Turns out our lad has picked up the 'dreaded lurgy' - he was NOT a well man, so the two of us just drove home slowly in horrible conditions - spray, standing water etc etc. Bad enough when you're feeling OK, nightmare when you're ill. Anyway, we got back to Larkhall, and Rob was away to his bed, looking like death warmed up - hope you're feeling better mate!

Lurgy, Low Fuel and a wonky Bumblemobile (did it feel any better on the way home Lynn?). So that's the mystery of 'Indiana Jones and the Slow Stone' solved! See you all on the next one when hopefully all the cars and their drivers will be fighting fit! By the way Gordy, I saw you coming - you were fine - loads of room.

well got home and as elf man said went to my bet no longer then 1/2 hour in i was running to the tolit and bringing my verry nice lunch and toffie popcorn back witch did not tast any where neer as good when it went down so that is why i was driving slow so sorry for hold you peps up on the way home but was just not well

i would just like to say thanx to all that took part in oganising this run it was brill fun and good to see behind the stiil movies

had i brill day till got home so just a big thanx

and a thanx to elf man for following me home just to make shure i was ok
    New sig coming soon

The Dogfather
    I hope you feeling OK now, if not get well soon.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    That explains it Rob... I've had a cough since Jan, so know it can't be fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Don't worry about holding us up - we could have overtaken anytime..

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Thanks to all the Pooles for organising yesterday as per usal was a great NMS day out.was great to see behind the sences and luch was fab

and hope ur better now stoney
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Mini less - Juke ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    not really - seems to have a bit of a drift in it when braking ... but the grind has gone? didn't have time to phone garage today so it's on my list of things to do tomorrow

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    well got home and as elf man said went to my bet no longer then 1/2 hour in i was running to the tolit and bringing my verry nice lunch and toffie popcorn back witch did not tast any where neer as good when it went down so that is why i was driving slow so sorry for hold you peps up on the way home but was just not well

i would just like to say thanx to all that took part in oganising this run it was brill fun and good to see behind the stiil movies

had i brill day till got home so just a big thanx

and a thanx to elf man for following me home just to make shure i was ok
    Really sorry to hear you were unwell on the way home Rob. TBH, you were looking a bit pastey white most of the day, but I just put that down to you being tired with having a manic week beforehand.

Hope you pick up soon.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Had a great day out splashing through the puddles The rain just seemed to make it more fun for me. The hills were spectacular in the mist, the roads challenging & fun and the banter at stops even better than usual!
    Very impressed with how well my new Cooper went in the conditions, even better than my last one
    Thanks to A&L for organising and to everyone who attended to make it such a good day out.
    Lovely lunch as well