Dump Valves for the Turbo Cooper S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eggy7496
    Hey Guys,

Whats your thoughts ona dump valve? I think they sound awesome and seems to me to be purely cosmetic. However i was advised by a garage in aberdeen not to fit one as it decreases the performance......

EJ

Sweeney
    Up until a point, they offer no real significant benefit other than the sound although it wont decrease performance.

http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop2/proddet...offAdaptorGen2 This is what you're after...

FergusM
    too neddish.... I like sound but would never do it to a mini.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Although my car is a Jap turbo i had always led to believe that dump valve was better for a turbo car in this case the pressure exceeds the preset spring pressure in the dump valve and the excess pressure is bled off to atmosphere rather than back in the turbo again.

It could possibly decrease the performance, but every car is different, id say its one of these things you need to try and find out though :)

Or what sweeney has linked up

Ps. nothing to do with me being JC in this post!

My forge blow off valve arrived yesterday, I'll let you know how it goes :)

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroJonny View Post
    My forge blow off valve arrived yesterday, I'll let you know how it goes :)
    Might be a bit strange with the Auto tranny though.

Eggy7496
    AeroJohnny that would be perfect to let us to know what it sounds like, is yours an Alta?

EJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy7496 View Post
    AeroJohnny that would be perfect to let us to know what it sounds like, is yours an Alta?

EJ
    Nope, it's made be forge.

Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Might be a bit strange with the Auto tranny though.
    i'm not sure if it'll make any difference being an auto, guess the proof will be in the pudding.

well it's fitted and sounds so cool!!!!