Possible bearing failure?

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    When im slowing down coming up to junctions or pulling into my drive my cars making a grinding noise from driverside front wheel. I jacked the car up this morning and rotated the wheel but there is no grinding noise when the wheel is centre forward only when the wheel is at an angle. There is also no play on the wheel it seems fairly solid.

Could this be a bearing? Goes in for full service soon but dont want to risk running about and causing more damage meantime :(

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Can't for the life of me remember if MINI's have guards on the brake discs, if they do make sure a stone chip hasn't got itself jammed between the disc guard and the disc. Had that with my first CRV. Although I would have thought you'd hear the grinding noise all the time, not just when the wheel is turned. Worth checking though. Cheap fix if it is.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Sounds like a faulty bearing :( it's amazing what a bit of load on the bearing, ie when it's on the deck supporting the car's weight

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    1st Gen Minis do have a disc guard on the rear.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    1st Gen Minis do have a disc guard on the rear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    When im slowing down coming up to junctions or pulling into my drive my cars making a grinding noise from driverside front wheel
    Maybe he's going in reverse

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Ah yes, never read it proper.

Car
    R53 GP
    This is the same problem I had Baz back in Jne as you can probably remember me telling you.

I never got it seen to, but the noises were the same. The noise finally went away once I got the new brakes