Porter Cable Results Thread pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sav112gla
    so do you pc over the stripes? or leave that area?

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    I dont go near them, i have a sonus hand pad that i use around those areas.

Only time i go over the stripes with the machine is when im putting on wax at a low speed.

Hope that helps :)

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

sav112gla
    Every time I see something like a mini with stripes I’ve never seen anyone say pc the whole car apart from the stripes.

Another question if you don’t mind.

I take it you don’t use polish on them at all or sealant just the Wax?

Thanks again.

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Yeh i only ever wax them ... the guy who put them on said never to put polish on them. As yet i dont have any swirl marks in them but the body work does still have swirls as i need to step up to Mezerna polish, the sonus products wont touch Mini Paintwork.:(

After winter i plan to get Mezerna and do the whole car properly...take wheels off and clean all the arches and underside of the car.

Need to start thinking of rustproofing as first rust has appaered under the door seals :( not as rusty as my classic Mini tho.... yet!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Need to start thinking of rustproofing as first rust has appaered under the door seals :( not as rusty as my classic Mini tho.... yet!
    All mini's are covered under at least a 5 year anti rust warranty, get it into the dealer ASAP.

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Well i did wonder that... my car was 5 years old in July ... John Clark in Dundee are unlikely to help tho! :( Might drop in and see. :)

vintageb3
    Baz...

I started to my bonnet today using Menzerna 106 FA. with the PC. I think its removed all the swirl marks that BMW managed to put in when they washed my car when it was in!!:mad:

Whilst I was at it...I wet sanded the stone chips I've filled over the last year with 2000 grade paper. I used Menzerna 3.02 on the areas wet sanded and it removed those wet sanding marks.

Next, I'm going to fill the chips that only require laquer...wet sand, polish those sanding marks out then a final check under halogen lights and a final polish if required.

Reason I started this was the bonnet had bad staining and a milkiness that was annoying me. I think I have managed to remove that.

So...Menzerna seems to be the way to go.

Thought i would let you know

mark