T-Mobile flext advice?

euan
    Anyone on this tarrif? I'm tempted to try it out as my contract is up in January on Orange. Seems like a good idea but I can't decide if it actually is or if it's just a bit gimmicky.

Quite fancy the Sony K800i as well - anyone got one? Thoughts on it? The joystick worries me a bit as all my Sonys joysticks broke.

GAJ
    I've got a K800i. Quite a nice phone but a bit bulky, the slider for the camera always opens in your pocket, I wouldn't recommend it.

Wul
    I'm on it - rarely go over the allowance other than the odd 118247 call - Flext180 - unfortunately the tariff excludes WAP so you get charged for that - otherwise I like it - usually 18 months with some phones though.

euan
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I've got a K800i. Quite a nice phone but a bit bulky, the slider for the camera always opens in your pocket, I wouldn't recommend it.
    That was my fear with it was the camera cover, looks a bit dodgy.

vintageb3
    quote:Originally posted by euan

Anyone on this tarrif? I'm tempted to try it out as my contract is up in January on Orange. Seems like a good idea but I can't decide if it actually is or if it's just a bit gimmicky.

Quite fancy the Sony K800i as well - anyone got one? Thoughts on it? The joystick worries me a bit as all my Sonys joysticks broke.
    I have a SE P990i on an Orange animal tariff. (woof woof). I had a P900 for years and loved it. The ringtone and alarm would wake the dead. This was its most useful feature to me...but it did have useful software that could read excel and word .docs.

The thumbwheel like the joystick gave me problems...usually dirty contacts.

The new p990 has much more on it...but there's terrible lag when moving between screens...and it shuts itself off a lot "to increase performance" It has a querty keyboard on it if you have fingers like pins

It has WLAN...but I haven't managed to get it working yet. Will look at that over the festive break

I can't hear the ringtone or alarm tone on the P990.

In truth...I'm thinking about getting a new battery for my P900...and switching back to that.

I like waking the dead.

mark