new cooper S(due to be born on 4/12/06)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

MMMM saw Angus's post with pictures with or without stripes and i quiet like it with stripes, did like them on my Cooper, what do you think
    I do like the stripes. But with this being a completely new shape of bonnet, I'd have to agree with Stoney and so on. Get the car home, see how it grows on you, and add the stripes if you think it suits. I know it's easy enough to take them off, but it's cheaper to not put them on in the first place if it doesn't need them, than to put them on then realise you don't want them. I think you'll end up putting them on, but at least give yourself the chance to decide. All IMHO mate.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Sorry Gordon! No offence intended! I think your car looks fine. I was specifically thinking about Jason's new motor. Yours is a different, darker blue which carries it better. With Jason's shade I think there wouldn't be enough of a contrast and it might look a bit 'insipid'. I'm just not a big fan of stick-ons in general, as there are very few which actually improve the look of a car.

Jason, Bonnet Stripes might be OK. But later on, why not do a Marky C/Crombers and get the arches etc painted or something - bit more subtle/classy. And there'll be hardly any Mk.II's with that mod.

Right, I'm off to see who else I can inadvertently insult!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN
    I'm just not a big fan of stick-ons in general, as there are very few which actually improve the look of a car.
    Right, I'm off to see who else I can inadvertently insult!
    Are you saying my vipers are tacky too
    I think bonnet stripes would look very plain is just that, especially on a cooper bonnet, no offence meant either 8)

X30YES
    It does look good with and without the stripes ...I would leave it till your sure what you want to do ,This would be different...check the others in my albums for some other ideas

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Bonnie Scotland:
    “Are you saying my vipers are tacky too?”
    - Now you're putting words in my mouth. Never said such a thing. Anyway, they must be tacky, otherwise they'd just slide off when you moved. Look, you can stick furry fridge magnets to your motor if you like, as long as you're happy. Vive La Difference etc.

I've always fancied a big Saltire Flag, Airbrushed and Laquered, as if it's been draped over the bonnet & wings & airscoop. There's a wee Classic Mini down south with a Union Jack over the front - it's really well done and looks very realistic. If you're going to be tacky, you should do it PROPERLY!!!!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!