Faulty Fuel Gauge

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    My fuel gauge has decided to stop working! I filled the tank up yesterday, the gauge was full on the way home, went out to the car just now and the fuel gauge and trip comp reads empty! This happened just before I filled up before, it showed empty, I put £10 of petrol in and it was full so it obviously aint a leak! The gauge is also working as I ran it through a test. Anyone got any ideas or am I visiting John Clarks?

Bignorm
    i would say a trip to the dealer ask wul im sure he had the same problem

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Wasn't Wul's just not reading full?

Oh well...I'm due a service in 1000 miles or so anyway. Will I be able to book it in with that long to go or will they want it to be closer to the service miles?

Bignorm
    it all depends on the dealership mate some do some don't give them a wee ring mate

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Wasn't Wul's just not reading full?
    Not quite - when you filled the car up it never went right to the top - only 7/8 the way. Then sometimes it stayed below the red no matter how much fuel you had. Tempramental wee buggers!8):clown:

X30YES
    Do modern day fuel tanks still have float switches fitted ,or a modern equivalent ? if so it might be sticking

Sweeney
    Ive noticed mine is sometimes staying 7/8 when full and other times its goes to just a bit past full... its yet to say its empty when full though