Faulty Windows

K18ARY
    Hi all,

I have just spoken with Angus about this but thought I would post and see if anyone has had the same.

On about 5 occasions I have locked my car only to come back to the windows either fully or partially open and the car unlocked. Also My key for the car is less than reliable. Sometimes it will open sometimes not. Maybe its the battery but I would probably think not on a year old car.

Pain in the 4rse of a problem as I can't leave anything in my car or leave it in an open space such as a car park.

It's obviously still under warranty, however I can't be bothered leaving it in the garage to be told "it didn't happen to us". Guess that's the problem with intermittent faults.

Cheers
    Barry

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Sounds familiar!

Get it in to yer dealer, sounds like the BC1 unit might be a bit dodgy.
    My last car had a similar fault, but since it had the alarm fitted, every time the windows moved after locking, it'd set the alarm off :(
    I actually stood one day and watched the driver's side window 'dance' up and down all by itself for a good 10 mins

Mini Me
    yup bc1......deffo

K18ARY
    cheers all

duncan
    Thought the BC1 module issues were supposed to be fixed years ago?
    My One had it replaced in about 2003, with a supposed better design.

Gorbash12346
    issues fixed uhhh not really all it takes is a water leak :P

duncan
    So much for the "better design" then.

Gorbash12346
    a quick question are you sure your not sitting on the keys as this will activate the comfort opening/closing system, it has been known to happen occasionally just make sure

sjfield1
    quote:Originally posted by K18ARY

Hi all,

I have just spoken with Angus about this but thought I would post and see if anyone has had the same.

On about 5 occasions I have locked my car only to come back to the windows either fully or partially open and the car unlocked. Also My key for the car is less than reliable. Sometimes it will open sometimes not. Maybe its the battery but I would probably think not on a year old car.

Pain in the 4rse of a problem as I can't leave anything in my car or leave it in an open space such as a car park.

It's obviously still under warranty, however I can't be bothered leaving it in the garage to be told "it didn't happen to us". Guess that's the problem with intermittent faults.

Cheers
    Barry
    Hey, i had a problem, which the dealer didn't believe. I got so annoyed that i videoed it on my phone. Next time it was booked in, showed them the proof on my phone and they couldn't argue with me! Great tip if you have tempromental fault that no one belives!

K18ARY
    Good tip!

I was away for the weekend and left the car at the airport car park. When I cam back I could see lots of water lines on the inside of the front window. Could this be the water leak that is causing the problems with the side windows? It's due to go in on Monday to Eastern MINI!

Barry