Most of you will know NMS'er Chris Knox... Chris is the current British MINI Challenge Champion, a former competitor in the SMRC Scottish MINI Cooper Cup and has raced in Daytona in the BMW Performance 200 series. Grand-Am have decided the R53 is too old for their series so 2012 is the iconic car's last outing. On hearing this news Chris contacted Randy Smalley of RSR Motorsport and together they have decided to give the car a fantastic send-off and allow MINI owners and fans all over the world to be part of the event.

To be part of the send off and to help support the initiative (and to get much more info than I've posted here), click through to http://www.gofundme.com/MINI-Swansong-2012

A range of sponsorship options are available starting from just £10. Chris has said that if he gets 10 NMS folk sponsoring at £10, he will put the NMS logo on his helmet, so remember to say you're with NMS if you are able to sponsor him.

I know money is tight for everyone, and putting this into context, your tenner could go to a more charitable cause, but I'm sure many here would agree, Chris is an incredible driver, this is a great opportunity to support MINI racing across the pond and have your name on the (hopefully) winning driver's helmet.

Over to you guys.

AndyP