Why Is MINI Photographing an Updated Rocketman Concept?

Threaded View

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I’m always worried that they will design the new Hatch around one of these models just to fit it in. I keep an eye on the news hoping that they do not sacrifice what the Hatch now offers in size and usability and more importantly looks to become a member of the pack and step ever further away from the Classic.

We could be looking at the design team trying to bring in a common styling that will go through the range and before we know it the MINI hatch has become a car designed and styled not purely on driving pleasure and distinctive looks but something at that resembles it but is not quite the same and fits in a pigeon hole rather than stand out and be hatch we all love.

Granted with me it is a wee bit of a shock and awe reaction when I first see new models. I understood the Countryman as it did bring in the Mummy brigade with four doors that you can chuck the kids in. My friend has an S All4 and I’ve grown to like it, same with the Coupe first reaction was – what have they done with the roof! Then you get used to the look and appreciate that its got a bigger boot, ok only two seats but is a stiffer car and as far as I’m aware it just as great a drivers car as the MINI as always been.

I don’t mind new models just wary of what direction its taking the Hatch and what concessions will be made for it to fit in. But in a ever saturated MINI world at least it keeps the range fresh if your still wanting MINI but something that stands out from the crowd.

I’d be very surprised if the Rocketman or what ever it could be called is a cheap car, this is MINI we are talking about. I see it offering more City driving/parking and silly MPG with the price tag of that of a standard Cooper to that of a sub 10K MINI. I guess we will have to see.
    Last edited by Stewart; 6th June 2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!