Fifer from Bristol - hello there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MALKY
    quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Welcome to NMS Malky. I'm just in the process of changing my Cooper for a nice wee JCW Cooper S.
    If you're ever back up in this neck of the woods be sure to give us all a shout
    Well willie I am envious. Thats my next buy. However and there is always a however why opt for the JCW. I am not sure what mod to go for theres so many out there. Granted JCW has retained warranty but it is expensive. Hartge have been doing mods on Beamers for a long time and they are a lot cheaper and they say the conversion doesn't affect the warranty. Then you have the Graham Goode conversion which is the most powerful. They main thing going for the JCW is that it has beeen fully tested and is a good basis for future mods. What say ya:question::question:

Linda M
    Hi Malky, I'm Willie's wife and I have a JCW Cooper S

macblob
    Chatting up the blokes again Linda

Linda M
    HUH, No one could beat you at 'chatting up' :approve:

Anyway it's Gaj I'm after.....that pic he posted of himself resembled Brad Pitt and he can come visit me in Crieff anytime But then I know what the real Gaj looks like :clown:

GAJ
    That Brad Pitt does look a wee bit like me, in a good light!

Kirsty
    Hi Malky I'm also a fellow Fifer!! Welcome to NMS!!! :) Nothing fancy just a wee yellow ONE!!! You're right Linda, Macblobs a bad boy!! No we are not going to sabotage this thread no no no...stop it!!!:)

macblob
    omg. this rep is getting out of hand, im a gentleman i tell u

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by MALKY

Well willie I am envious. Thats my next buy. However and there is always a however why opt for the JCW. I am not sure what mod to go for theres so many out there. Granted JCW has retained warranty but it is expensive. Hartge have been doing mods on Beamers for a long time and they are a lot cheaper and they say the conversion doesn't affect the warranty. Then you have the Graham Goode conversion which is the most powerful. They main thing going for the JCW is that it has beeen fully tested and is a good basis for future mods. What say ya:question::question:
    As you say Malky, there are plenty of good Cooper S mods out there and really it's down to personal choice and finance at the end of the day. Bonnie Scotland (Alan) had the Hartge conversion on his S and he's just gone and 'upgraded' it for the BBR 240(?) kit. Julz has gone for the BBR 200(?) conversion on her S, whilst Seany and my good lady (Linda M) have JCW kits.

Personally I opted for the JCW conversion because 1.) I absolutely loved the difference to Linda's S after she had the conversion done. 2.) The full 3-year BMW warranty really appealled to me.

As I say though, there are plenty good kits out there. Best of luck and happy motoring, whichever route you decide to take in the future.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by macblob

omg. this rep is getting out of hand, im a gentleman i tell u
    Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Sorry... did I laugh out loud there?

p.s... welcome to the NMS Madness!!

Tahra
    Hi Malky,

another Fifer here - you didnt say whereabouts in Fife originally, you know how folk like to get nostalgic.
    We've got a Cooper S with no conversions (yet)...but since Bonnie Scotland mentioned that they can make an impovement to the petrol guzzling as well as the obvious attractions - it has been mentioned around the house a few times !!!!