Changin bulb in reversing light

S7JGW
    My reversing light bulb has blown. How do you take the light out, is it a bumper off job?
    Its on an S so the exhausts are in the way and the manual just says contact mini service.
    Jim

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm sure it's a push in fitment, so, the reverse of that is required.
    Using a very thin screw driver feed it in between the very right hand side of the lens and the bumper, obviously taking care of the paint work.
    What you're trying to do is push the clip intowards the middle of the bulb holder and then the holder should slide out one side at a time, if that doesn't work try going in from the left hand side :approve:
    If i'm wrong i'm sure someone else will be along shortly :I

Here is a pic of the assembly which might give you a better feel for where the clips are

Rear Light and Reversing Light Assembly

As Bonnie says you should be able to lever the whole unit out or bend the heat shield out of the way and twist the bulb holder out.

S7JGW
    Ok cheers lads il try that later on the night.
    Jim

Gorbash12346
    i wouldn't put a screw driver through from the outside... too risky.

wait till the exhaust is cold then pull the heatshield out of the way at the edge slightly then stick ur hand up and twist it off as you would any other bulb holder (90 degree turn give or take) then pull the bulb an bulb holder down till you have access to it (don't stretch the cable but there should be enough slack put in bulb and do reverse of this and et voila.. no need for dodgy screwdriver blades or removing the bumper...

oh and if it still doesn't work and the wiring isn't cut or burnt it's almost certainly a reverse light switch.. (they seem to go rather often.. :S)

S7JGW
    Ok got the reversing light bulb in and workin fine again.
    I bent the exhaust heatsheild out of the way enough to get my hand in then squeezed the clips in and poped the whole light out. I then left it on the radiator for a while as there was quite a bit of water in it, could have put in a goldfish. Then stuck it back in. Going to keep an eye out for condonsation in the light as i think this is how the bulb blew.
    Has anyone else had any problems with the reversing light condensating?
    thanks again
    Jim

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I couldn't remember exactly how it came out, i knew there were clips and recall that when i put the aero kit on my old S, i disconnected the lamp from "inside" the bumper :approve:
    I also know there is a lip on the lens that sits against the bumper, that would make inserting a screwdriver down the side very difficult